Monday, January 1, 2024

Sunday, December 31, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up three times during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7:30.

I left the apt at 8:30, stopped at the ATM in La Frontera and made a withdrawal. Across the street I found Glenn with Bianca waiting for me. The biggest news is Glenn believes that Davivienda is now charging a 15,000 pesos ATM withdrawal fee that they are not disclosing on their withdrawal screen. We will be exploring that further.

I left at 11am and returned to the apt. According to my step counter, Sao Paolo and back is about 3,500 steps.

Teresa was just leaving to get her hair done; she has a noon appointment. She’ll let me know by 1:30 if she’s going to be back in time for lunch.

I keep getting file errors when trying to save this file. I finally figured out my D: drive is full. (I think it’s because I’m backing up my cellphone photos and video to my computer D: drive. )  I managed to free enough space to save this file.

I think I’m going to buy a new computer and have my brother bring it when he arrives on the 9th. It will have all the bells and whistles I need: Windows 11, laptop instead of notebook, tactile keyboard, and lots of hard drive space. And I won’t save my photos to my laptop, I’ll back them up to my external drive.

Teresa returned at 1:30 and told me she would have to wait until 4pm, too late, to get her hair done.

I started watching the Chicago Bears game. At the end of the 1st quarter I ordered a personal pizza from Papa Johns but it didn’t arrive until the end of halftime.

I watched the Bears defeat the Falcons 37-17. 😊 Next up, the Packers. That will go a long way to deciding if 2023 was a real season of improvement.

Teresa’s black pants outfit translated to English as a “onesie”. 😊 I wore basically the same clothes I wore to my daughter’s wedding back in September, minus the jacket.

We left the apt at 7:30 and took a Didi to Hotel Dann Carlton. We took the elevator up to the 18th floor where they checked our registration, gave us hats, necklaces and noise makers and led us to our table. We shared a 4-top with a young American Jay Strong and his Colombian girlfriend Lila. He’s been living in the hotel the past two years but will soon be moving into a house he bought near SantaFe mall.

We got in a short line for the buffet but food was cold and not very tasty for either of us. The music was loud, thank goodness our table wasn’t near the speakers. The music was nonstop, even when the band took a break they put on loud Colombian music.




I briefly met a man about my age from England with a Colombian wife but due to the loudness of the music it was impossible to talk.

Jan and his gf split about 15 minutes before midnight. They did the traditional countdown then there were lots of congratulation, hugs, and kisses.

At 1am I sent “Happy New Year” messages to my son, daughter, brother, and his gf Juanita.

We left at 1:30 and downstairs we were 2nd in line for a taxi. I checked Didi and they wanted 24,900 pesos for a ride. After about a 15-minute wait, we were in a taxi that cost us 50mil to return to our apt.

I went to bed right away at 2am, nonstop firecrackers going on outside, some sounding like they were on our street.

 

JOKES, EXPLAINED, UNNECESSARILY




No comments:

Post a Comment