Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Monday, January 29, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at just after 7am.

I completed my Smartfit workout from 8:45 to 9:45. As I was nearing the finish of my workout Patrick from Dallas said “hi”. His whole family, it sounded like, had Covid and he was laid up for a couple months. When I was on my next to last machine the 75-year-old man I had mentioned earlier came in and we talked a little bit (Spanish & English) about yesterday’s football games and the Superbowl. I learned a new Spanish word, candado means padlock.

By 10:15 I was in Los PorteƱos having my latte. I left at 11:30 and returned to the apt.

As expected, lunch was salad with pieces of leftover chicken breast.

I left the apt at 2:15 and had a latte and a chocolate chip cookie with nuts in Eduardo Madrid bakery.



A man came in and bought what looked like pretzels but when I asked he said they were “palitos de canela”. Hmm, I wonder if I would like cinnamon sticks. Teresa called and asked where I was. When I told her she asked me to buy her a slice of carrot cake before I left and a pair of kitchen gloves in Ara on my way back to the apt. I did and was back at the apt by 5:30.

Natalia notified me that starting February my health insurance is going up to 203,000 pesos ($52).

I watched a couple more episodes of Designated Survivor.

 

CREEPY THINGS



No comments:

Post a Comment