Monday, January 22, 2024

Sunday, January 21, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, slept through the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:am.

I was glad to see the Packers lost to the 49ers last night 24-21 with Jordan Love having 2 interceptions. When I went to bed it was halftime with the 49ers having 7 points and the Packers 6.

I was walking to the bathroom when I saw a cockroach on the door trim right at eye height. I know Teresa has a fly swatter somewhere but I looked all around the kitchen but couldn’t find it. I took one of my old magazines and swatted it and it fell to the floor and I squashed it a little more with my food. (That’s what happens when you don’t let the exterminator into your apt, the cockroaches just move to those apts that aren’t fumigated.)

I left the apt about 8:15. About halfway to Sao Paolo I noticed a group of cub scouts and girl scouts across 6 lanes of traffic. I flashed them the cub scout sign and a few took notice and pointed to me and one returned the sign. 😊

In Sao Paolo Glenn arrived about 5 minutes after me. We discussed the ATMs and their fees ad nauseum. One thing I learned is if you use the drive-up Davivienda ATM across the street it gives all 100s while the walkup gives 50s. He reminded me that the TV series Masters of the Air starts January 26th.

I won a knight against Troyclough and he resigned increasing my rating to 1603. 😊 Now let’s see if I can keep it above 1600.

I had a latte with an almond croissant and calentao with scrambled eggs and another latte for 40mil, including a generous tip.

My brother sent me a photo of the 3 things I ordered on Amazon that have arrived.

I went across the street to a BBVA ATM where I found this sign although this is what the machine states




I was denied withdrawing 2,100,000 pesos but it accepted 300mil for a 22,500-peso Atm fee. 

I walked back to the apt.

I had lentil soup for lunch and a little later the leftover ribs.

I watched the Lions defeat the Buccaneers 31-23 and then the Chiefs edge the Bils 27-24. Towards the end of the game I tried only to look up at the TV screen during the important moments. Then I read in my book for 30 minutes before going to bed.

 

CRAZY SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment