Sunday, January 14, 2024

Saturday, January 13, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up twice during the night, finally getting up at 6:45am.

Teresa asked me something about speaking to someone from Une. I had no idea what she was talking about. She showed me a text on her phone from Tigo/Une addressed to me confirming an appointment from 7am to 10am today. I told her I have no idea what that’s about so she cancelled it.

I left the apt just after 8:30 and walked to the mall. I recycled a couple plastic bottles and printed Teresa’s creatine test results in Auros. At the Davivienda ATM I got the “Transaccion con problemas intente luego” error message again. I stopped at CaFam pharmacy but they only had one of my new medications, the Fexofenadine Hydrochloride (antihistamine to relieve my nighttime itching) for 112,200 pesos. I bought only 1 box (I may need 3) because I figured it will be cheaper in Todo Drogas.

I went upstairs and tried 3 more Davivienda ATMs with the same result. It was just after 9am and I was a little surprised to see Claro hadn’t opened yet. On my way to the restroom, I watched a Colombian girl in cowboy boots try to go up the escalator the wrong way; she didn’t get far. In Urbania no one was there but I took a seat anyway and workers started showing up 30 minutes later.

I saw an ad for Herman, my old orange juice friend, now working on Facebook as a handyman. I contacted him about my hot water problem and he might be able to get to me this afternoon.

At 11am Teresa called and asked me to pick up 2 plantains and a bunch of cilantro. I left an hour later and bought them in Exito along with 2 small bottles of Mexican salsa, returning to the apt by taxi.

Teresa wants to go out tonight so I think we’re going to La Pampa.

Herman called me and I had to explain to Teresa who he was (orange juice vendor friend) and why I wanted him to come (fix the D**N hot water heater). She promised me a guy from Progas would come and fix it so I cancelled Herman coming over.

I watched the Dallas Texans dismantle the Cleveland Browns 45-14. To obtain QB Deshaun Watson (who didn’t play tonight) the Browns gave the Texans: 1st round picks in 2022, 2023, 2024, as well as a 2022 4th round pick, a 2023 3rd round pick, and a 2024 4th round pick. No wonder the Texans got good so fast! Oh, and the Brownies signed DW to a fully guaranteed 5-year $230,000,000 contract. 😊

We left the apt just after 7 and our Didi driver was Natalia. Talking to her Teresa discovered she is/was a personal trainer in the Ave Poblado Smartfit gym. (Her profile does look a little familiar, I just thought she was our driver once before.)

I had their ribs (very good, ate 3 and have 2 for lunch tomorrow), their fries (also good) and a salad (nothing special, lettuce with grated carrots and a pickle slice on top).

Teresa had their salmon (very good), their mashed potatoes (nothing special) and their salad (the same as mine nothing special) for 223mil so I guess we won’t be coming back.

They had the Chiefs Dolphins game on with the former leading the latter 13-7 when we left.

We quickly caught a Didi back to the apt.

I finished reading Ann Rule’s Stranger Beside Me on my Kindle.

I started reading Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind when I realized I read this 3 years ago. 😊

 

CRAZY SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment