Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Monday, January 8, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 11pm, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

Today is a holiday, Epiphany.

I completed my workout in Smartfit between 9am and 10am. Being a holiday I was a little surprised it was as busy as usual. Doing an exercise on the butterfly machine I can feel the bones in my (left) wrist rub together. The discomfort and weakness also bothers me a little on the chest press, arm curl and shoulder press exercises. I may need to see a doctor for something to relieve the arthritis in my left hand. I increased my treadmill speed to 5.5km/hour for the same 15 minutes. I was shocked (not pleasantly) to find they didn’t have hot water in the showers today.

Laura booked a 2-bedroom apartment in the Playa Cartagena Apartments for February 22nd to the 27th for 2,313,007 pesos or $595. We should arrive by noon on the 22nd and they will arrive early the next morning. So, I owe her 5/9 of 2,313,007 pesos or 1,285,000 pesos that I will probably pay back by paying for some of their meals.

I had a latte in Los Porteños until 11:30 when I returned to the apt.

Teresa just informed me we’re going to Hotel Mariscol in Santafe de Antioqua with the darker side of her family for an overnighter, January 20th and 21st. It’s nice they have a car and they invited us.

I had an hour nap after lunch.

I left about 2:30, Eduardo Madrid was closed for the holiday so I continued on to Parva. I was drinking a café con leche when I noticed a row of Poinsettias in the back that were all wilted. I touched the soil and it was dry. I pointed this out to the server who spoke English and he watered them right away.

Troyclough resigned our game on the 42nd move increasing my rating by 5 points to 1585.

Laura texted she’d like me to transfer the $300 I owe her for the apt to her bank account. I think I did this once before from my USAA account so I’ll check my notes.

I left about 4:30 and found a lot of people hanging out in the park of La Buena Mesa enjoying the weather. The small grocery store closed but I got the last bag of milk in Ara before returning to the apt.

I see from my bank account that I transferred cash to Laura on July 7th.

That was easy! I logged into my USAA account and transferred $300 into Laura’s account. It should be there in 3-5 days. An email USAA sent me says the money should be there in 2 days.

Teresa showed me a text exchange from Dec. 21st where Dr. Uribe’s office changed our appointment from tomorrow to Friday, January 12th at 10:30. Too late to change my meeting for chess with Jose for tomorrow and I’m going to miss my workout on Friday. I reminded her that if her office calls again to cancel/reschedule our appointments, just to cancel them.

 

CRAZY SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment