Thursday, January 11, 2024

Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 4am, finally waking/getting up at 7am. (I had a dream about Taylor Swift and Travis Kelse.) How weird is that?

Teresa had bought a bottle of apple cider vinegar which is supposed to be very good for one’s health. She gave me a spoonful of it – Ugh – in the future I think I’ll take it with water.

I left the apt just after 9am and walked to the mall. I recycled a pill bottle then printed our airline and apt confirmations as well as a list of 2024 Colombian holidays. In Exito I picked up some pesos my brother sent using World Remit.

Upstairs in the mall proper I made an ATM withdrawal of 2,000,000 pesos but the bills were all 100s. ugh.

Downstairs in Urbania I had a latte with my usual glass of ice water. Teresa called and asked me to pick up apples, carrots, and purple lettuce in Exito before returning to the apt.

I left about 11:30 and only found the apples in Exito but I easily returned to the apt by taxi.

I asked the portero if he had a package for me and he did.

It was our Christmas present from Jeannie & Jacob (wedding photos), the 2 free containers of Joint Support supplements, a year-end Earnings Statement from Northern Trust (one of my pensions), and a letter from US Chess stating that individual memberships rose 25% this year, for the first time breaking the 100,000 milestone.

I had a 30-minute nap after lunch while doing my TENS exercise.

I left at 3:30 and had a latte in Eduardo Madrid. I left at 5pm and stopped in a slow Ara on the way back to the apt to buy carrots and another bag of milk. 

If I understood correctly (and I very possibly am wrong), Kelley (Teresa’s diabetic masseuse) is pregnant with a guy from Buffalo, NY.

Teresa is going to eps early tomorrow and we discussed meeting at Los PorteƱos at 8am. In the end, since she can’t be sure she’ll be there at that time, we decided I would have cereal at home before going to the gym.

 

CRAZY SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment