Sunday, January 7, 2024

Saturday, January 6, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, took maybe 30 minutes to fall asleep, waking/getting up at 6am.

This week I’ve been taking sort of a military shower at home since all we have is cold water.

I’m playing a game against a man from Ireland with a rating of only 890. By the 16th move I’m up 2 pawns so all I have to do is trade off pieces into a winning endgame.

I received a welcome email from Cine Colombia congratulating me on earning a Platinum card and they are awarding me 2 free preferred tickets to any show, a free 100gr popcorn, a 640ml soda, a hotdog, and a 30gr Jet chocolate bar. And for any future suggestions, I see I can contact them via email at Sugerencias@CineColombia.com.

Teresa just got up at 7:37am and informed me she didn’t sleep well (lots of noise, although I didn’t hear anything) so I guess I’ll be having breakfast in VE (Viva Envigado). She went right back to bed.

I walked to the mall and recycled a couple items and printed some Envios Market screenshots in Auros. Upstairs I had the granola with yogurt and acai berries and a small latte in Pergamino for 35,946 pesos.

Downstairs I stopped in Starbucks and bought a blueberry muffin (a mistake as I found out later) and ate it in Urbania with a latte while going through my endgame book again.

Teresa called to inform me she wants to go to El Tesoro for lunch.

I left at 11:15 and looked on the 2nd floor but couldn’t find the currency exchange I thought was there but I did get this peek of the new IKEA location on the 2nd floor.


It doesn't look like it's ready to open anytime soon.

I stopped downstairs in Exito but didn’t see anything indicating they use Xoom.

Outside I quickly caught a taxi back to the apt.

We left at 12:15 and took a Didi to El Tesoro mall. Teresa did some shopping and eventually found a pair of beach sandals on sale for 109,900 pesos ($28) but I noticed I was charged 110,400 on their receipt. When I asked about it, I understood they charged me 500 pesos for the receipt. Strange.

We had lunch in J&C Delicias even though I wasn’t really hungry. (I blame the blueberry muffin.)

I wanted to do an ATM comparison but when I tried the first one, Banco Caja Social, it informed me that “Withdrawal Transaction Declined. Unable to process.” I tried again with the same result.

We stopped in Valentina’s café where we shared a latte. Teresa checked out H&M then she had Greek yogurt with fixings at Percimon. I was still too full from lunch.

We purchased a few groceries in Carulla then left about 6pm and returned to the apt by taxi.

We watched a couple more episodes of Pablo Escobar. Wow, we were watching episode 59 and we both thought we saw Dr. Rendon in a scene sitting at a table in a restaurant.

 

CRAZY SIGNS




No comments:

Post a Comment