Monday, January 8, 2024

Sunday, January 7, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, was awakened at 5:45am by the backup alarm of a truck backing into Tienda D1, couldn’t fall back asleep, finally getting up at 6:30am.

Teresa informed she’ll be visiting her brother James whose colon cancer has returned so I guess I’ll be on my own for lunch.

I left the apt just after 8am and stopped in Smartfit for a weigh-in. The other results weren’t available but my weight is 81.4kg or 179.5 pounds. (Pretty much the same as my last reading.)

I continued on to Sao Paolo where I wanted to buy another container of Dermacortine in Cafam for my lesions. The lady quoted me a price of 146,550 pesos ($38) but I didn’t have that much cash on me and I forgot to bring my debit card. Another time.

Glenn with Bianca arrived in Olivenza about 5 minutes later. He helped explain a disparity in my currency exchange rate calculation for one of my recent ATM withdrawals.

I left about 11am and walked to Los PorteƱos where I had a large latte. (Thinking there was no hurry to return to the apt because Teresa was going to be out.)

Johsucks resigned our game on the 31st move as he was about to lose his queen. I didn’t earn any rating points I guess because with his rating of 885 the disparity was too great.

There was a group at the next table, 2 Colombians from Bogota and 3 Americans from New York.

Teresa called me at noon and asked me to buy pears and apples in Ara on my way back to the apt. (I guess she’s making lunch today after all.)

I said goodbye to those at the next table and left but a waitress caught me down the street because I forgot to pay. That’s the 2nd time that’s happened.

I stopped in Ara but they didn’t have pears but I bought half a dozen apples and a bag of milk.

Back at the apt Teresa explained when you visit a person in the hospital in Colombia you bring either fruit or flowers. She soon received a call from Daniela that she’s outside the porteria waiting for her so she hurried out.

Teresa forgot her cellphone, leaving it recharging in the guest bedroom.

At 1:30 I ordered a pizza from Na Pizza which is expected to arrive between 2:21 and 2:36pm. It arrived at 2pm and I tipped the delivery man 4mil.


I watched the Bears lost to the Packers 17-9. It’ll be interesting to see what the Bears do with the off season: especially with Justin Fields and the #1 draft pick.

I texted with Laura a lot looking at her suggestions for hotels and Airbnb’s in Cartagena.

I purchased the flights for Teresa and I for $490.

Teresa finally returned at 10:15 and I got to bed at 11pm.

 

CRAZY SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment