Thursday, January 25, 2024

Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, again at 5am, finally waking/getting at 6:30.

I completed my Smartfit workout from 8am to 9am. Today I had pain on my right knee on the first rep of the Leg Extension exercise. I have to remember to do the first one slowly, after that I seem to have no problem. Now at the new treadmill speed of 6.0km/hr I build up quite a sweat.

By 9:30 I was in Los PorteƱos having my usual latte. I briefly met a couple from Fort Lauderdale enjoying their last hour before their flight back to Florida. They expect to return in 4-5 months and I suggested several activities when they return.

I left at 11am and printed a couple pages of test results for Teresa’s 2pm doctor’s appointment today before returning to the apt.

Just before noon Teresa and I took a Didi to Arkadia mall for 11,800 pesos. Up on the 3rd floor we had lunch in Crepes & Waffles for 68,350 pesos ($17.50).

I thought we were going next door to Clinica Las Americas but the Auna location is just on the other side of the floor. At 1:30 Teresa went inside and I went 100’ away to Starbucks for a latte. The clerk was waiting for payment for an order from a kid and I watched the parents dump out their change to pay for it. After a minute I took one of their little tables to continue watching the process. After sitting there baking for a minute (the roof is open negating any air conditioning) I asked myself why do I want coffee anyway? I went across the hall to Percimon where I had chocolate and vanilla ice cream mixed with crushed peanuts.



Teresa came out at 2:20 and I understand all is good but she has to return in October for more tests.

She had a cup of Greek yogurt with coconut and blueberries. She told me her great idea; next time we go to Europe she wants to stop after 5 hours and stay in a hotel and we’ll continue on the rest of the way the next day. I tried to explain to her that 5 hours would put us somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.

She stopped in Medipiel to check on the price of something then in H&M she bought a dress suitable for hot weather (Cartagena, Punta Cana) for 115,200 pesos ($29).

We left at 4pm and returned to the apt by taxi by 4:30 for 16,000 pesos.

Marcos texted me he has a 9:30 doctor’s appointment tomorrow so he can’t meet for coffee. He suggested meeting Friday morning but I reminded him I have my gym workout at that time so we just cancelled for this week.

Teresa wanted to go for ribs at Mu tonight then she changed her mind and we had them delivered. They arrived pretty quickly, 35-40 minutes. Teresa had 1 rib and liked it, I had 1 and it was chewy and should have been cooked more.

Teresa reminded me she’s got early gym class tomorrow so I’ll be on my own for breakfast.

 

CRAZY SIGNS



1 comment:

  1. Terry, I quizzed Google and it said 6 km per hour is a good walking speed for a 25 yr old male---- Way to go, young man!!!!!! So I think you maybe you should increase the time but not the speed in the future.
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete