Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Monday, January 22, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 5:30am finally waking/getting up at 7am.

Teresa is celebrating because I understand she won’t have to take her chemotherapy pill any longer. 😊

If it seems like I missed reporting on something yesterday before watching football, you’re right. I started planning for our vacation to Punta Cana. I tried to convince Teresa to only go for 1 week at an all-inclusive resort but she wants 2 weeks. Most resorts have a live show every night but it's repeated every week so if you stay at the same resort you’ll see the same show twice. My solution is to stay in one resort for a week then move to another for the 2nd week. I started looking at resorts on Bavaro beach but quickly realized I had no place to record my notes. I added a note to my cellphone to buy a small notebook. A few minutes later I remembered I have a notebook next to my bed so I started using that. I settled on 3 initial 4* hotels and 3 5* hotels. For flights I see an airline called Wingo but it being low cost and low rated it might be better to choose another. Initially I was looking at Monday to Monday but I think I’m going to need to expand that to give me better flight times. We’ll see. TBC.

I completed my workout today from 8:30 to 9:30. Today I increased the following machines by 5#: Leg Extension, Leg Curl, and Abdominal Crunch and fortunately, no knee pain. I increased my treadmill speed from 5.5 to 6.0km/hour; now it’s a fast walk and if I go any faster I’m afraid I’ll be running.

I had a latte in Los Porteños until 10:45. I stopped at the little copy center and printed a couple things. I picked up 2 bags of milk at the small store on my way back to the apt.

I realized I missed my anniversary. Last Saturday, the 20th, was my 11th year here in Colombia.

Well, I see that Avianca has nonstop flights to Punta Cana everyday 8am-11:30am with return flights from 12:40pm-2:10pm for about $730 (for 2 roundtrip).

I also chose VIK Arena Blanca resort (7.7) for $1181 for our first week of April 8th to the 15th and Grand Bavaro Princess (8.3) for $1946 for our second week of the 15th to the 22nd.

I explained the flights to Teresa and showed her the hotels but she’s afraid of another Covid occurrence and wants to wait until the end of February or early March to make the reservations.

I was scrolling through possible movies on Netflix when I stumbled on the preview for Designated Survivor (7.4) and got sucked in, AGAIN, and watched the first few episodes.

 

CRAZY SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment