Friday, January 12, 2024

Thursday, January 11, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 1am, again at 6am couldn’t fall back asleep, finally getting up at 6:30.

Teresa has an 8am gym class in Viva Envigado.

After breakfast I laid down again for an hour but couldn’t fall asleep, getting up at 8:30.

Cine Colombia has some new movies (and one old one, Blackberry, that I saw last July on MTV) but nothing I’m interested in. Wonka? No, I don’t think so.

I was in Parva by 9:15 to meet Marcos. At 9:40 he hadn’t shown so I sent him a text asking if he was coming. He arrived by 10:15 and said he got distracted talking to Johanna’s sons. He recommended a book for me, Paddle to the Amazon by John Stockton but the only one I could find by that title is by Don Starkell.

He left by 11am and I left at 11:30 and returned to the apt. I received a text from Teresa that she’s going to have lunch with her mother at La Bahia at noon so I’m on my own for lunch. After, she’s going to her mother’s apartment.

I left at 1pm and took a seat on Jack & Roll’s patio. I ordered their Jack & Roll burger but without the sausage. It came with some type of white sauce under the top bun and bacon (not crispy and I didn’t realize it was included)



and it was very messy to eat, falling apart halfway through. Before I left, I noticed another man eating his burger with a knife and fork.

I went over to Los Porteños where I finished the tests for Part 4, Endgames for Class ‘C’ Players while having a latte.

Next door at Emilia’s restaurant a group were having lunch. I noticed one man, obviously a gringo, eating ribs. When they left I was going to ask him how they were but they went in the other direction.

The NFL announced that one of the Bears home games in 2024 will be played in London. Maybe there will be a trip to London in our future this year?

About 7pm I ordered a Didi, picked up Teresa at MT’s apt and we went on to Antica Pizza. Gloria was there and I guess they had a lot to talk about. After our pizza, we walked down the hill to the panaderia where I bought 2 chocolate croissants for the guard(s). I think the portero’s name is Sergio and he was very pleased to receive the nighttime snack.

 

CRAZY SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment