Monday, January 15, 2024

Sunday, January 14, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, was awakened at 4am by fireworks (), finally getting up at 6:30am.

I left the apt a little after 8am and walked to La Frontera mall. I tried the Davivienda ATM there but received the same error message.

In Sao Paolo Glenn soon joined me and I told him about my problem with Davivienda. He suggested I try the Scotiabank Colpatria ATM. I did and received the error message, “Transaccion no exitosa. Transaccion no permitida.” He suggested I try the Bancolombia ATM. I did and managed to withdraw 600,000 pesos ($153) for a transaction fee of 26,990 pesos ($7) for a total cost of $159.55.

He also suggested I get a library card from my US local library and I can download books using the Libby app. I’ll have to investigate that further.

I had my usual almond croissant with a latte and calentao with scrambled eggs and a latte for about 40mil.

I walked to Los Porteños where I started reviewing Part 5, Endgames for Class ‘C’ Players while having a latte.

Teresa called and asked me to pick up gelato at Pepo’s, whatever flavor I wanted just something different than before – pistachio.

I left at 12:30, and bought a ½ liter of Ferrero which I think is Spanish for iron.

I read on Flipboard that Jerry Seinfeld’s favorite comedy is the 1972 film The Heartbreak Kid (7.0) which reminds me ...



It was 1972 and my college buddy’s (Jack) wife “she who shall remain nameless” wanted to see Fellini’s Roma (7.3).

We missed the first 5-10 minutes, including the title, but when we sat down I remember seeing a newly married couple driving down the highway in Florida to Miami. It turned out to be the comedy The Heartbreak Kid (7.0) that I loved very much..much more I’m sure than Fellini’s Roma. 😊


I beat really_not_good in 42 moves increasing my rating to 1596.

I watched the Chiefs beat the Dolphins 26-7.

I watched the Packers beat the Cowboys 48-32.

Later the Lions edged the Rams 24-23.

 

CRAZY SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment