Saturday, August 29, 2026

Friday, August 28, 2026

Last night I went to bed at 2pm, fell asleep quickly, finally waking at 6:30 and getting up with Teresa at 7am.

According to my Fitbit, I got in 8,152 steps yesterday and last night I slept for 4 hours and 18 minutes for a sleep score of only 61.

We drove (damn, its nice to be driving again) to The Sugar Bowl in downtown Des Plaines, parked next to the building (again parking evenly between the lines is a challenge) and took a booth inside. Teresa had her eggs sunny side up with hash browns and a side order of avocado while I had my eggs over easy with hash browns and patty sausage. We both had the endless cup of coffee with cream. The shock was the final bill of $38.47 plus another $6 for a tip.

We stopped at the T-Mobile office on Golf Road in Niles, checked in and sat at a waiting table. We waited about 20 minutes to be helped but I easily signed up for an unlimited monthly coverage package for me for $62.16. Teresa decided she would be okay with coverage in the apt and in cafes/restaurants.

We drove the 30 minutes on the Edens Expressway

Which brings up the question should I sign up for the Illinois Easy Pass program so I can drive on the Toll roads or can I avoid them?

to Jeannie & Jacob’s house. They came outside and greeted us with Annie and Rebel. We went inside and I gave them their bag of coffee and Rebel loved the pull toy (and he’s still stronger than me). I was surprised at how heavy Annie James is, not fat, just solid.




Jacob had to do some yard work so we took Annie and Rebel on a leisurely walk around their park and they showed us larger houses a block away. We continued on to downtown where Jeannie introduced us to Harmony Café where we had fancy drinks for $26.23. They had the Matcha Tea and I had the Strawberry Matcha and we took seats at a table outside.



We returned to the apt and Jeannie gave me my Amazon and Swanson packages I had forwarded to their house.

I drove to Fidelity Investments, Teresa stayed in the car and I went inside. After a short wait a rep got me started setting up a Fidelity Cash Management Account. I told him I often visit my brother living in Colombia and I confirmed they don’t charge foreign transaction fees. I gave them my brother’s cellphone number but the kicker was they need to send me an SMS confirmation message and using that phone take a photo of my Illinois Drivers license and my face. Hopefully I can take care of that when I meet later with my brother. If not, oh well, that’s life.

We drove to a Ross Store for Less in Morton Grove where Teresa found a pair of shorts, 2 small containers of skin cream, a bottle of skin cleanser, and a bottle of Vaseline skin cream and I found a short sleeve shirt and 6-pak of Fruit of the Loom underwear for a total of $56.41.

I took her to Portillo’s Hotdogs where I ordered my prepared list of a breaded whitefish sandwich for her, a cheeseburger for me, onion rings, a chocolate cake shake, chopped salad, and strawberry shortcake for $46.87. She loved her sandwich and I my burger and we shared the rest but got the last two items to go.

I stopped at a Chase Bank ATM and was unsuccessful at withdrawing $600 but it allowed me to withdraw $200 for a $4 ATM fee.

We stopped in Jewel/Osco and bought a few things.

We returned to our Airbnb and got a little better organized.

We were both exhausted and went to bed at 9pm.

 

RELEASE ALL THE EPSTEIN FILES NOW!

 

JOKE OF THE DAY

 

A husband and wife had a bitter quarrel on the day of their 40th wedding
anniversary!
The husband yells, "When you die, I'm getting you a headstone that reads,
"Here Lies My Wife - Cold as Ever.'
"Yeah?" she replies. "When you die, I'm getting you a headstone that reads,
‘Here Lies My Husband - Stiff At Last.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment