Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 3:30, couldn’t fall back asleep, got up at 4 and read until 4:30, slept until 7am when I got up.
According to my Fitbit, I got in 3,569 steps yesterday and
last night I slept for 6hours and 39 minutes for a sleep score of 70.
Having just finished my breakfast I was sitting at the dining room table when (about 7:35am) it started shaking then the entire apartment was shaking. After about a minute I got up and stood under the doorway to the guest bedroom. The whole time the earthquake lasted Teresa was saying a prayer.
That was the worst earthquake I’ve experienced in both
length and severity.
We went down the stairs and stood outside with a lot of others.
I was only wearing my wraparound and my flipflops so after
an hour I returned to the apt and changed into the shorts and t-shirt I usually
wear around the apt and put on sandals. Back outside we joined others wondering
when we would be let back inside.
Doyle, the other American in our building (maybe the entire
complex) was seated nearby. He looks like he’s deteriorated in the past few
years.
Teresa still hadn’t had breakfast so at 10am we walked to Picositas
so she could eat a couple pastries. I just had a latte.
Here’s the local news carrying the story about the earthquake
– extensive damage in Cali, Manizales and Pereira.
About 1:30 we moved to Otra Parte for lunch.
We left about 2:30 and returned to the apt and all seemed
rather normal again. I don’t know if you can see these 3-D wall cracks in a 2-D
photo.
Teresa had me send these photos to our real estate agency.
I understand we have no gas until it can be determined that
there aren’t any leaks in the building.
Teresa reported 111 Colombian dead so far.
I watched another episode of Falling Skies, watched a
little news then started my pre-sleep routine.
RELEASE ALL THE
EPSTEIN FILES NOW!
FUNNY





No comments:
Post a Comment