Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, slept through the night, finally waking at 6am.
According to my Fitbit, I got in 5,465 steps yesterday and
last night I slept for 6 hours and 42 minutes for a sleep score of 82.
Then I fell back asleep while waiting for Teresa to get up
and my total changed to 7 hours and 36 minutes for a sleep score of 84.
Teresa made a simple breakfast this morning of scrambled
eggs and an English muffin for me and toast for her with instant coffee.
We had a little shower early this morning, as expected. We
were planning on going to the Chicago Botanical Gardens today but Jeannie
suggested we meet at Old Orchard Shopping Center around noon to do a little…wait
for it… shopping.
We left the Airbnb a little late and I got lost anyway. I
approached the mall from Lake Street so I was already too far north and then
when I realized it wasn’t the right mall I turned north and drove further away.
When I realized my error, I asked Google Maps for help and it directed me south
and west to the mall. We were about 20 minutes late meeting with Jeannie and
Annie.
We found them coming out of Macy’s. They helped me
look for a new fanny pack (the zipper on the old one broke and it was looking
well worn) and I finally found one on L.L Bean for $35.
We went to a new restaurant named Cupitol for lunch.
Teresa and Jeannie had the turkey breast sandwich with a Coke and I had the
crunchy chicken sandwich and a Coke and Annie had the Amy’s Chicken Sausage for
$69.56 including tip.
They left just after 2pm as Annie needed a nap. We’re going
to meet for supper Tuesday night at Hackney’s when their special is hot
turkey plate.
We drove to Oberweis Dairy where we shared a hot
fudge sundae and I started working on the crossword puzzle from Friday’s
Chicago Sun-Times.
We stopped at a nearby bakery called Tous Les Jours
where Teresa bought a small loaf of bread. It is also a café and I noticed hey offer
strawberry matcha.
We returned to the apt and Teresa took a nap. My eyes have
been feeling much better now that I’m out of Medellin’s pollution.
It looks like rain is possible tomorrow so we’ll probably stay
local and go apple picking on Wednesday.
Teresa liked Portillo's chopped salad so much we went back
and shared one for our supper.
On our way back I saw another bakery even closer called Paris
Baguette.
RELEASE ALL THE
EPSTEIN FILES NOW!
JOKE OF THE DAY
Sex is like
air. It isn’t important unless you
aren’t getting any.

No comments:
Post a Comment