Thursday, August 20, 2026

Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up at 1:40am to pee, finally waking/getting up at 6am.

According to my Fitbit, I got in 2,719 steps yesterday and last night I slept for 7 hours and 1 minute for a sleep score of 84.

At breakfast Teresa informed me she’ll be having lunch with Rosemary so I’ll be on my own for lunch today. I saw an ad yesterday for a new rib place in Poblado so maybe I’ll give that a try.

Teresa called Rosemary and found she’ll be going to a class in Santafe mall so they won’t be meeting and we’re back on our usual Wednesday schedule.

I left the apt at 9am and found Smartfit very busy. I had to change the order of my routine but managed to accomplish everything including 10 minutes on the treadmill. Today I had a sharp stab of pain in my right knee on the Seated Leg Curl machine even at the lower weight of 57#. (I was doing 80# consistently back in March. )

I noticed this work going on inside the old Ganso y Castor



I again questioned ChatGPT and this time it found a clue: “Ganso y Castor referring to a new location/concept in Envigado, including a post saying a creperie was coming to Envigado.” A year or so ago Ganso & Castor had a station set up outside their side door to make crepes on the weekend. I have no idea how popular that was but Crepes & Waffles does a tremendous business here in Medellin.

Teresa called and told me there is no class in Mayorca today so we’ll be having lunch at home.

I had a latte in Los Porteños for about an hour before returning to the apt.

I had a nap after lunch that Fitbit says was 28 minutes long.

I asked Teresa to call Dr. Castano’s office so I can get my Zopiclona prescription but instead she called Esmeralda and Alejandro will bring me 4 boxes on Friday. Since I only use half that should last me for 8 months in which time I should have seen another doctor who can give me a prescription.

I left the apt at 2:30 and walked to Gardenia where I had my usual latte. I completed 12 more chess puzzles and was pretty confident I did well but still got 7 wrong. But at least I won a game against a player 100 points lower. 😊

I left at 5:15 and returned to the apt.

I finished watching the series Falling Skies (7.1) on Netflix and started the movie The Last House (5.5).

 

RELEASE ALL THE EPSTEIN FILES NOW!

 

JOKE OF THE DAY

(sorry, but these will be repeats)

A young boy had just gotten his driver's permit and inquired of his father if they could discuss his use of the car.  His father said he'd make a deal with his son.
"You bring your grades up from a C average to a B average, study your Bible a little, get your hair cut and we'll talk about the car."
The boy thought about that for a moment, decided he'd settle for the offer and they agreed on it.
After about six weeks his father said, "Son, I'm real proud. You brought your grades up and I've observed you have been studying your Bible, but I'm real disappointed you haven't gotten your hair cut."
The young man paused a moment then said, "You know, Dad, I've been thinking about that, and I noticed in my Bible studies that Samson had long hair, John the Baptist had long hair, Moses had long hair and there's even a strong argument that Jesus had long hair."
And his father replied, "Did you also notice they all walked everywhere they went?"



 

No comments:

Post a Comment