Last night I went to bed at 9pm, fell asleep quickly, slept through the night, finally waking/getting up with Teresa at 6am.
According to my Fitbit, I got in 9,248 steps yesterday and
last night I slept for 8 hours and 31 minutes for a sleep score of 89. 😊 Wow, I think that’s a new high.
We left the Airbnb at 9am and had breakfast in the Niles
Diner. Teresa and I had basically had the same food as yesterday without
the avocado and the check was only about $5 cheaper. The total check came to
about $33 & change and I gave the waitress $40 and told her to keep the
change.
I got a little turned around (I’d forgotten the names of
some of the lesser streets) but found The UPS Store a few blocks away.
The teenage pimply-faced girl who assisted us spoke so softly I had to ask her
to speak up. She must be new because at first she quoted a price of only $7. We
sent the dress to Laura and it should arrive on September 3rd, the
day before her birthday.
I also saw a plastic letter opener I haven’t seen in a while
so I had to buy that and the total came to about $22.
We drove to Walmart and bought 3 new TSA locks. One
was missing from my suitcase so I assumed they opened it and didn’t reclose it correctly.
I hate the 2 locks on Teresa’s suitcase; we have to hold them in a specific,
difficult way, in order to have any chance of seeing the numbers. ☹ We also bought some vitamins and skin cream (like
Bengay but supposedly better), for Esmeralda, One-A-Day vitamins for Teresa,
Payday snack-size candy bars for the kids in our building for Halloween, Afrin,
Blink eyedrops, Excedrin and Dove soap for me, and eggs, muffins, bread,
coffee, and cream to make breakfast. The total came to $156.19. Teresa also
looked at some sunglasses on sale for $60 but in the end decided not to buy
them.
We returned to the apt by 1pm and put everything away.
I set up the TSA locks with our usual number and updated my
blog notes. Teresa called her mother and they chatted for a while. (I swear
they can talk all day long without pause.)
My eyes feel a lot better being outside that polluted valley
of Medellin. But then maybe it’s because I slept better.
With the help of ChatGPT I downloaded Stockfish 18 to
analyze my chess games.
At 5pm we met jimmy at Countryside Saloon and watched
the Bears defeat the Tennessee Titans 25-14. Jimmy and I shared a medium
Italian sausage pizza while Teresa had a chopped salad with salmon. We all had
sodas and I paid the check of $70 (tip included). Jimmy left early in the 3rd
quarter. We will meet Sunday September 6th for a White Sox game but
he’s pretty busy before that.
Teresa and I stopped at Walmart again and bought dish
soap, laundry soap and strawberry preserves (for my muffins).
Tonight I brought in my packages and while I thought I
ordered 7 bottles of Calendula (Marigold Flower) apparently, I ordered 14 which
will last me for the next 2 years.
Annie James with Jeannie
Expat: Luckily, the 3.6% COLA is of a much higher number
than my 5% rent increase.
RELEASE ALL THE
EPSTEIN FILES NOW!
JOKE OF THE DAY
A man has
six children and is very proud of his achievement. He is so proud
of himself he starts calling his wife, "Mother of Six" in spite of
her
objections.
One night they go to a party. The man decides it’s time to go home and
wants to find out if his wife is ready to leave as well. He shouts at the
top of his voice, "Shall we go home Mother of six?"
His wife irritated by her husband's lack of discretion shouts right back,
"Anytime you're ready, Father of Four."

No comments:
Post a Comment