Friday, August 7, 2026

Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, took a while to fall asleep (Fitbit reported it was 36 minutes), woke up once at 11:30, again at 5:15 finally getting up with Teresa at 6:45.

According to my Fitbit, I got in 3.992 steps yesterday and last night I slept for 6 hours and 36 minutes for a sleep score of 79.

I had a nap after breakfast that Fitbit reports was 41 minutes long.

When I woke up I saw this in my bedroom window.

BIRD 1-4






I got up and approached it and it moved to the far end of the windowsill but didn’t fly away. I thought maybe it was injured because it allowed me to touch it with my finger. I called Teresa and she watched as I approached it but this time it flew away, but only as far as the next bedroom window. Maybe that’s the bird that was born on our balcony – it certainly looked the same.

I left the apt just after 9am for Smartfit. Again I had a problem with my right knee on the seated curl and it appears I can’t go over 60# without it bothering me. I completed my workout including 10 minutes on the treadmill with a final heartrate of 125 bpm. I found out that the class the women go to at 9:15 is Pilates, at least on Mondays and Fridays.

Background: often sitting outside Ganso y Castor having coffee I would see a petite blond woman come by walking her 2 dogs and she would say, “good morning”.

Today I ran into her on my way to the park. She speaks good English because she worked in Pennsylvania for 30 years. 😊

I bought a banana and took a seat at one of the outside concrete tables and went through my phone.

I observed workers removing the last of the equipment from Ganso y Castor and load it into a truck.

I soon left and stopped in Ara but they didn’t have broccoli so I just returned to the apt.

Teresa and I left at 1:45 and took a Didi to Jardin de Botanico for 26,900 pesos.

Admittance was 30mil per person and it was set up a little different from last year but to me still the same stuff. Teresa bought a couple beaded bracelets for 100mil. We walked around the park and not too far from each other we saw these two iguanas:



Doesn't do much good to take video if the subject doesn't move.

This is the main part of the park where they have the flower competition.





We were sitting on a bench when I saw a couple little kids come by eating what looked like ice cream bars. (I think that’s what they’re called – vanilla ice cream on a stick covered in chocolate.) I pointed it out to Teresa and told her I want one of those. She replied she did too. I left her and walked in the opposite direction from them but couldn’t find them anywhere. I was gone about 30 minutes and by the time I returned Teresa thought I had gotten lost.

Troyclough resigned our game increasing my rating to 1545.

My daughter with my daughter’s daughter:



We left at 5:30 and to avoid traffic we went across the street to the metro. We climbed all those stairs only to find my Civica metro card rejected. I knew there was still about 50,000 pesos on it so Teresa talked to a guy who said we need to go down to the bridge. We went down the same stairs and across the street to the other side of the metro and went up another set of stairs where Teresa talked to a cashier. Apparently the new metro cards are gray but supposedly my old card should still work until we empty it. We went up more stairs to the train tracks and a train soon arrived and we were surprised it wasn’t cattle car full, in fact we both got seats.

At Ayura station more stairs to exit the station. There weren’t any taxis waiting so I showed Teresa which bus to take, We had to wait a few minutes for it to fill then driver took off and we got off even with our street and walked the block back to the apt.

 

RELEASE ALL THE EPSTEIN FILES NOW!

 

FUNNY



 

No comments:

Post a Comment