Thursday, August 13, 2026

Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep pretty quickly, got up once at 4am to pee, got up at 4:30 and read until 5am, returned to bed and fell back asleep until 6:45.

According to my Fitbit, I got in 4,765 steps yesterday and last night I slept for7 hours and 2 minutes for a sleep score of 82. (When I got up at 4am Fitbit only gave me a sleep score of 73 so that extra time helped.)

I left the apt just before 9am and found Smartfit about as busy as usual. I had my usual workout but had to adjust the order of my routine. I’m now setting the weight on the Seated Leg Curl to 50#, doing a few reps, then adjusting it up to 57 ½ pounds but doing more reps than before. This way I avoid the pain from my worn cartilage.

I found construction going on at the old Ganso y Castor location. I hope it will be another restaurant – one that will b open for breakfast. Maybe a café like Pergamino would be nice.

A photo of Glenn I found today.



I encountered Dan at his usual concrete table in the park getting a Spanish lesson from a chica. I invited him to join me for coffee in Los Porteños after his lesson. He joined me about 30 minutes later and we discussed many things. He told me he met Chris Cajoleas and I gave him some additional background on Chris. Dan is 65 years old and confirmed he has had Parkinson’s for the last 6 years but he isn’t affected much if he times his medicine correctly.

I left just before 11am and returned to the apt.

I left at noon and took a Didi to Mayorca mall where I met Teresa in Il Forno. She had her usual salmon and for a change I had a chicken panini sandwich for 127,615 pesos ($41).



She surprised me by suggesting we have ice cream at Crepes & Waffles so we shared a Suprema there for about 18,000 pesos.

I shared with Teresa my plan to see Pressure (7.3) tomorrow in Cine Colombia with showtimes at 2:15 and 4:55 pm.

There was another Choco earthquake at 1:32 this time only 4.21 on the Richter scale.

We shared a taxi back to Envigado and I stopped at the Bancolombia kiosk and printed yesterday’s chess games. I walked up to Smartfit where I caught an Envigado bus to Poblado.

From the bus I saw this ad for a company I worked for – Zurich (Insurance Company).



A young man got on the bus and sung the music I can’t stand, Rap.

In the Dann Carlton I made a reservation for us for Saturday at 7:30 although the restaurant is no longer a Tony Roma’s.

I returned to Envigado by bus and stopped in Gardenia for an hour or so. I was in no mood for anything hot so I got something new the waitress suggested – I don’t even know how to describe it but it was like coffee with ice cream that you mix yourself. (Do I still have to tip her if I do all the work (mixing) myself? 😊)

I left just after 5pm and returned to the apt.

Our gas is back on so we can return the hotplate back to the garage storage area.

I watched another episode of Falling Skies then started my pre-sleep routine.

 

RELEASE ALL THE EPSTEIN FILES NOW!

 

FUNNY



 

No comments:

Post a Comment