Last night I went to bed at 9:30, fell asleep quickly, finally waking at 4am before my 4:30 alarm.
According to my Fitbit, I got in 8,152 steps yesterday and
last night I slept for 5 hours and 14 minutes for a sleep score of only 63. ☹
I had set my alarm for 4:30am but woke up at 4am when Teresa
got up.
I took my shower and we finished our packing and Kelly’s son
picked us up at 5:45. We arrived at the airport on schedule at 6:30.
As expected, there was a line to check our bags but it moved
fairly quickly. We took stools at a counter for Pergamino and ate the
chicken sandwiches Teresa made with a thermos of coffee.
We went through the TSA checkpoint and that is where I
discovered how impractical my belt is. It’s one of those webbed belts but where
the web meets the leather tip catches on my narrow belt loops.
We had well over an hour at the gate for our flight to
leave.
On the flight they offered us chicken, meat or vegetable
options and silly me I chose the beef. It was very difficult to manage on such
a small table and one taste of the beef convinced me not to eat more.
We arrived on time in Houston and there was a blocks long
walk to a very long Immigration line but it moved fairly quickly. In the future
I might consider my brother’s favorite COPA.
We picked up our bags at Baggage claim and took them through
customs then to their Baggage dropoff.
We took their train from Terminal E to Terminal C.
We easily found our gate and across the aisle was a taquiera
named Agave. I ordered chicken burritos for both of us and we shared a bottle
of water for $61+15% tip. ☹ I
messed up the touch screen order pad but they deleted my duplicate order.
Back across the aisle I found a charging station for my
cellphone while I updated my blog notes. I received an email from United that
our gate had changed. It was only one number but we had to walk aways and
around a corner to the new gate. We just got settled there when they changed it
again, this time to the gate across the aisle. They soon announced an hour
delay so they could fix the fridge for the food or something. Our original 6:30
flight turned into a 7:40 departure.
We had eaten only half our burritos and we finished the
remainder with the Cokes they gave us.
We landed just before 11am and went down to Baggage Claim
#21 as they had told us. After seeing lots of bags going around but not ours, I
talked to a rep there and she told me that our bags are at carousel 5 which is
in the next building. We exited that building and it was a short walk to the
next where we quickly found our bags.
We took the train to the Intermodal Facility to Budget and
there was only one guy ahead of us.
RELEASE ALL THE
EPSTEIN FILES NOW!
JOKE OF THE DAY
A typical
macho man marries a typical good-looking lady and after the wedding, he laid
down the following rules:
"I'll be home if I want, when I want and at what time I want - and I don't
expect any hassle from you. I expect a great dinner to be on the table unless I
tell you I won't be home for dinner. I'll go hunting, fishing, boozing and
card-playing when I want with my buddies and don't you give me a hard time
about it. Those are my rules. Do you have any comments?"
His new bride said, "No, that's fine with me. Just understand that there
will be sex here at seven o'clock every night... whether you're here or not."
No comments:
Post a Comment