Saturday, April 2, 2022

Friday, April 1, 2022

Today is April Fool’s Day.

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once and again I was sweating on my sheet. Teresa replaced it and I was soon feeling better. I even added my blanket later. I got up twice more before being awakened by my alarm at 7:30.

Still no wifi. I recycled the router and internet returned a few minutes later.

I left about 10:30 and bought 2 4-packs of Advil in the Pasteur pharmacy. I had a café con leche in Parva for 70 minutes while completing the “easy” section of my tactics book. When I left, I could see a backhoe digging in the street. It’s pretty obvious their first task is to replace (add?) sewer lines in the street.

For the past few days I’ve struggled to come up with the word manhole cover. I know it’s been a while since I’ve used the word. The best I came up with was sewer cover.

I stopped at Eduardo Madrid and inquired about English muffins. None today. I asked if they never have them or sometimes. I didn’t understand her answer. We both went into translators on our phones and I understood I have to order them. In the meantime, a man came out who spoke English.  I ordered 6 muffins to be picked up tomorrow. In the future I can order them via Whatsapp and they will be ready the next day.

I texted Daniela at Inter-Col and inquired about renewing my passport which expires this October.

It has been quite cool here of late, like mid- to upper 70s. I’ve been wearing shoes around the apt to insulate my feet from the cold tile floor. Today I took additional steps. Because my hands have been so cold, I put on my fingerless gym gloves. Also, my daughter had gifted me a “cooling” pillowcase that I’ve been using for the past month or so. Today I wised up and switched it to a regular one.

 

Daniela finally answered and informed me I could start my passport renewal process at Inter-Col next week. She sent me an email with the following requirements:

 

Pasaporte original. Dos fotos con medida 2X2 pulgadas (51X51 mm) , la medida desde la barbilla a la parte superior de la cabeza es de 25-35 mm. La foto debe ser reciente con tiempo de tomada de no mas de seis meses en donde se refleje su apariencia actual. Fondo blanco, rostro completo y despejado , de frente, ojos abiertos , sin accesorios ( incluye gafas) , la foto no debe estar borrosa ni pixelada  en formato JPG máximo 300kb, debe ser diferente a la de otros documentos.  Diligenciar formulario de renovación de pasaporte DS-82. Poder autenticado. 

 

·     Original passport.

·     Two photos measure 2X2 inches (51X51 mm), the measurement from the chin to the top of the head is 25-35 mm. The photo must be recent with time of taken no more than six months old reflecting your current appearance. White background, full and clear face, frontal, eyes open, without accessories (includes

glasses), the photo must not be blurred or pixelated in JPG format maximum 300kb, it must be different from other documents.

·     Fill out passport renewal form DS-82.

·     Power of attorney.

 

So, it looks like I have to go for a passport photo before I go to Inter-col.

More discomfort in my surgical sites than usual today.

Teresa informed me that Mother Teresa invited someone she had just met on the street to her apt for lunch. She informed Teresa she’s a good judge of character. 😊

I tried ordering ribs from Mu but they don’t reopen until next Friday.

Just realized tomorrow is Saturday so I can get my passport photo tomorrow in the mall and then go to Inter-Col early Monday.

I googled causes of hip pain and one was osteoarthritis. I’m going to take an additional calendula flower capsule every day for a while.

Teresa is taking MT to a cardiologist appointment early tomorrow, so I’ll probably have granola for breakfast then go to the mall.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 27,621 ð 27,846 ð 27,550 new cases and 701 ð 697 ð 658 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 311 ð 323 ð 354 newly reported cases with 12 ð 14 ð 15 newly reported deaths.

 

Reimagined icons for companies that have left Russia





No comments:

Post a Comment