Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm without taking an Advil. I got up once during the night, again at 6am to make a trip to the bathroom, each time quickly falling back asleep after returning to bed, finally waking/getting up at 7:30.

Correction: it appears its my hip that’s sore when I raise my leg not my thigh.

Teresa left just before 9am for the gym. We’re going to meet up a little later in Viva Envigado. I left at 9:15 and took a Didi to the mall. I first inquired at CaFam about some medicine Laura wants and it is priced at 87,500 a box. I recycled a couple plastic bottles then went down to Todo Fresa where I ordered a coconut lemonade. They didn’t have it so I ordered a regular lemonade. Boy was that bitter. I’m sure it was made from limes not lemons so I only had two sips and left the rest.

Teresa joined me just after 10am. After she had a small pastry and small coffee we went up to Decathalon. Darn if the only pair of 36W pants were gone. Teresa looked around and finally we were able to exchange my pants for a jacket for her. Now at least I don’t have to worry about carrying the pants around anymore, I just have to check the store every week or so for new merchandise arrivals until I find my 36Ws.

I was tired so we returned to the apt by taxi.

I had a 40-minute nap before lunch.

After lunch Teresa ordered the medicine Laura wanted and it was only 76,5l0 per box from Todo Drogas.

Teresa suggested we go to Percimon for frozen yogurt. We left the apt about 3:30 and at the corner we waited a couple minutes for MT to round the bend.

She didn’t show so we moved up the hill a bit and waited outside the old DeliQuen that is now closed.

The next door Tienda de Mascotas is now closed and they were in the process of gutting it.

Because I walk slower I told Teresa I would meet her at Percimon.

They arrived about 5 minutes after I did.

We each had a small yogurt ice cream with toppings for a total of 40,600 pesos ($11).

After we finished, Teresa sent me for bread and I asked Teresa to pick up milk on her way back. I stopped at Parva and bought a fresh pan sano for 11,500 (last time it was 10,500 so obviously there’s been some inflation).

We had some rain in the evening.

My thigh is still sore but better than it was in the morning. It hurts when I raise my foot like putting on or taking off pants or even lifting my foot to put on the TENS electrical contacts.

It was still raining when we went to bed at 10pm. I hadn’t taken an Advil but I did leave the container on the kitchen table in case I needed one during the night.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment