Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Monday, April 11, 2022

Last night I took my Advil at 9:30 and went to bed at 10pm. Just after 11pm I flipped the wet sheets without getting up. I got up once more during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

Teresa was getting ready to go to the gym, so I had a bowl of granola for breakfast.

Very quiet outside. This is the beginning of holy week and I think most families have either gone on trips or are away in a finca.

With some difficulty, due to lack of flexibility, I managed to trim my toenails.

By the way, my chess rating has fallen to 1555. I’ve lost a few games to much lower rated players.

Yesterday, Chess.com answered my email and asked me what I don’t like about the new interface. I replied,” 1) There is no place to logoff, 2) I can only see my games when it’s my move.”

Today it looks like we’re back to the old interface on Chess.com. 😊

Again, Didi isn’t working for me today. I offered 6mil to inDriver for a ride to Viva Envigado and immediately had a ride. My driver’s name was something like Arnol Sneider so I asked if he was German. He laughed and asked me, “why?”. I told him Schneider is a common German last name and of course he’s heard of Austrian Arnold Schwarzenegger.

I recycled a number of plastic bottles upstairs and a few batteries in Home Center. In Decathlon I quickly and easily exchanged my convertible pants for a larger size.

I had just ordered coffee in Santa Leña when Teresa called, expecting me to be in Todo Fresa. She said she would take care of some business and meet me there later as her cellphone battery was dying.

I used my permanent marker to block out my name, address, and SS number on my tax documents prior to recycling. Teresa arrived and ate and drank something she brought with her. We left, I tossed my documents in a recycling basket, and we returned to the apt by taxi.

As usual I only ate half my lunch and Teresa plastic wrapped the remainder.

At 2:30 I managed to order a Didi car to Clinica Las Americas. Teresa bribed me by telling me if I went with her she would buy me ice cream after at Crepes & Waffles in Arkadia.

On the clinic grounds we passed a Café/Restaurant. Inside at the first station the young lady had a 7ish child on her lap. Waiting at the 2nd station I asked Teresa if today is “bring your child to work day”. 😊 We were sent upstairs and we passed another station where I swear I saw the same child on someone’s lap. We were an hour early so Teresa suggested I go to the Café/Restaurant for coffee and she would meet me there after. I retraced my steps and found the Café/Restaurant was closed. I recall there was a cafeteria in the clinic so I went up stairs and took an elevator up the 5th floor and worked my way down the stairs where I found it on the 3rd floor. I ordered a café con leche and a pastel de arequipe. Yes, I had forgotten about the ice cream offer. Teresa called about an hour later and I met her at the defunct Café/Restaurant.

We walked to Arkadia and immediately I saw why I dislike this mall so much. There were two escalators, both going down. We took an elevator up to the 4th floor where Teresa had a banana split and I had vanilla ice cream with hot chocolate sauce. We had also ordered two glasses of ice water but I believe a waitress delivered it to the wrong table.

Outside we caught a taxi after a 10-minute wait. The cost by taxi to return was 14,300 pesos compared to the 8,730 pesos Didi car we used to get there.

 

We haven’t had rain for a few days, so Teresa believes we are now in summer.

I’m feeling that leaking feeling, I need to get more serious about my Kegel exercises.

It’s been a pretty good day without pain in my knee or hip (maybe I am carrying Advil in my system?) but when I was lifting my foot to put on a TENS3000 electrode I felt some pain in my thigh.

 

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment