Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Last night I took my Advil at 9:30 and went to bed at 10pm. I got up a couple times during the night and the night sweats were minimal. I finally got up at 8am.

Teresa made me breakfast then left for the gym.

Btw, Teresa’s appt. with her oncologist yesterday was good although she has a little high cholesterol and doc wants to put her on some type of plan.

I put on my new convertible pants and they are larger than the old pair. Large enough that I was able to easily put the waistband over my faja.

I left just before 10am and took a Didi to the mall. I was getting out my cash so I didn’t notice the driver missed the turn for the main entrance to the mall. He let me out a 100’ later which actually helped because I was now closer to the Exito’s side entrance.

Oops, I felt my pants start to slide down as I exited the taxi.

At Baloto I paid the utility, Direct TV, and wifi bills.

Since I was already in the garage it was quicker to walk to the elevator and take it up one floor to the parking entrance to the mall. In Claro I paid our monthly cellphone bill plans.

I kept having to pull up my pants and use one hand to hold them in place.  Obviously, I need a size between M-L and L-XL, like L. Now I’m sorry I already removed the price tag but at least I still have it. I’ll have to ask Teresa if that’s going to be a problem.

I made a large withdrawal from a Davivienda ATM then went downstairs to Todo Fresa for coffee.

Teresa called a couple minutes later to ask where I was. She joined me about 5 minutes later.

Teresa told me her aunt Mary (owner of El Rancherito) has a finca in Girardota (45 minutes by bus) and we can stay in their onsite cabin. It is about the size of Todo Fresa (small) with 2-3 bedrooms but no bed. Teresa said we could move one of our extra beds there. Monday Teresa is going with Esmeralda to check it out. I’m strongly considering going with them in order to form my own opinion.

Teresa left about 2pm to get her nails done.

I took an hour nap.

I watched more episodes of The Sopranos although it takes some searching to find a version with subtitles.

In the evening I went into our bathroom and was confronted by a 4” cockroach. After we sized each other over for a few seconds it ran behind the waste basket. I moved it and it ran into the corner behind the toilet. Not having any bug killer spray with my I sprayed the area with Glade. 😊

I heated a couple ribs for supper; only one left.

Teresa returned at 8pm with only a pedicure and after making a trip to the bathroom she carried out “her cockroach kill”. I told her I killed it earlier with bathroom spray.

Teresa has to get up early tomorrow to take her mother for a doctor’s appointment.

It’s 8pm and my hip, etc. are feeling pretty good, just a slight soreness now.

I set the alarm on my cellphone for 5am so Teresa would be sure to get up on time.

 

Funny pix of the day



1 comment:

  1. I vote for you to go with the ladies to the finca. You do have veto rights, right??
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete