Thursday, April 7, 2022

Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, woke up at 11:30, couldn’t fall back asleep due to the pain in my right hip, got up and took an Advil, gutted it out for another 30 minutes or so until it kicked in, fell asleep, woke up an hour later sweating in my sheets (around my face and shoulders), got up, wiped myself off with a small towel, and flipped the sheet and blanket around so the wet part was at my feet. Quickly fell back asleep, woke up at 6:45 and got up at 7am. It’s early yet but so far this morning is the best I’ve felt in months.

About Advil:



From Michael:



The Chess.com interface changed this morning and it stinks. I dashed off a quick email complaining and asking them to change it back.

I met Glenn at Los Porteños at 9am. He had his usual croissant and coffee and I had my usual croissant, scrambled eggs, and coffee. I learned when he renewed his last visa he wasn’t even asked for 6 months of his checking statements showing his SS deposits so maybe that program has been dropped.

When I left, I noticed workers backfilling some of the sewer holes so they are probably finishing up changing the sewer pipes.

I had coffee for about an hour at Parva and picked up 2 bags of milk before returning to the apt.

So far, it’s still a good day, some minor discomfort in my surgical area but no pain anywhere in my leg.

I found this on the internet, “TENS 3000 reviews suggest that these machines are still effective, but ideally for those with minor aches and pains that might be persistent or for sensitive areas like for migraines or period pains, rather than a more intense pain.”

We hit at least 86 degrees today.

Re: Ikea



I ordered chicken wings and fries from Rocket Wings for 35 mil including a generous tip. Even though the restaurant is only 5 minutes away it took an hour to be delivered.

At 2:45 a thunderstorm came through, so I disconnected the TV. It was accompanied by a very brief shower.

Teresa returned and showed me a toilet plunger she bought at OLala, not even a hardware store. It isn’t one I would prefer so I’m going to take one last look in Home Center.

I had Teresa order my monthly medications which were delivered for a total of 447mil. It included 200mil for some medicine for her and I also included a package of 18 Advil.

I feel something in my knee and hip but its not yet at the level I would call pain.

About 7:30 is when my knee and hip started bothering me a bit. I did my usual 30-minute TENS session. It cleared up my knee but not my hip. We’ll see if I have trouble sleeping tonight.

My accountant finished my US 2021 taxes and I don’t owe anything to Uncle Sam but I owe her $160.

 

Funny pix of the day



1 comment:

  1. Terry, the pain I felt from my case of Shingles was the worst pain I have felt. It was worse than when I broke my arm. The Tens unit relieved the pain totally when I was using it. When I stopped the pain returned in about five minutes. I am glad you had a better day.
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete