Friday, April 22, 2022

Thursday, April 21, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm. I got up twice during the night, each time quickly falling back asleep after returning to bed, finally waking/getting up at 7:15.

Again I think it rained most of the night.

On the morning news they stated that a kilo of rice has increased from 3,122 pesos in 2020 to 3,329 pesos in 2021, up 6.3%.

Teresa went to the gym then had coffee with her amiga and called me at 11:15 to meet her in the porteria. I got dressed and met her there 10 minutes later. We took a Didi to Mayorista. She wanted to have lunch at the same seafood restaurant where we ate with my brother. I asked her which restaurant, the one inside or outside Mayorista. She said, “inside”. As we entered I told her I recall it being to the right. She had the driver continue straight ahead and after a few aisles/blocks he finally pulled over and asked for directions to Amazonia. He then drove to where I remember it being. She ordered some kind of seafood soup and later told me she thought it wasn’t as good as before. They only had a couple things that weren’t seafood and the waitress recommended the baby beef. It was delicious, only the thickest part being too red for me to eat.





Teaser...I almost caught Teresa in the 2nd photo.

We walked to the Badia store where I bought the last (4) of their 25-packs of Te Badia, Chamomile. I also found they deliver so I took one of their refrigerator magnets for the future. Teresa also bought a box of Chamomile anise for herself for a total of 89,403 ($24).

Teresa said she was too tired to shop at Euro so we just returned to the apt by taxi.

We both had an hour nap then had a cup of tea.

I gave her my convertible pants to wash so hopefully they will be dry in a couple days.

Sandra Bullock in The Lost City (6.6) opens here in Cine Colombia, Viva Envigado at 8:40pm. We’re planning on leaving here at 7:30 to see it. We’ll see how that goes. I miss popcorn.

I gave Teresa the convertible pants that I’d been wearing for the past few weeks and asked her to wash them right away so they would dry as quickly as possible.

I started getting dressed before 7pm as I wasn’t sure what I would be wearing. I managed to struggle into one of my regular 34” jeans and added the belt. They are riding low on me because of my incision site. It’s pretty obvious I now have a 36” waist, if nothing changes.

At Teresa’s insistence we left at 7:15 and took a Didi to the mall. Inside Cine Colombia it was almost deserted with one person ahead of us to buy tickets. I found I had 80,350 pesos on my Platinum card. Premium seating (2 tickets) on opening night cost a total of 24,000 ($6.40). We now had an hour and ten-minute wait until the movie started. Their Juan Valdez was open and Teresa suggested getting a coffee. I was feeling rather warm so I preferred a soda. I ordered small and medium sodas and a medium popcorn with salt for 28,000 pesos ($7.50). They have a cardboard cover they tape over the top (I guess for sanity purposes) but since the container is overflowing it’s difficult to cover it. We sat down at a table and ate popcorn (mainly me) and checked our cellphones for an hour.

Inside the theater we took our seats and the advertisements and trailers soon started. The theater ended up with good attendance considering they’re still spacing people because of Covid-19.

With about 30 minutes left in the movie I made a trip to the restroom.

The movie was funny and a bit silly but enjoyable. Teresa certainly liked it and is ready for another movie soon.

Stars included Sandra Bullock, Channing Tatum, Daniel Radcliffe, and surprise…Brad Pitt.

When we left we walked past the Home Center exit that we used to use for late movies but when we found the main entrance closed we turned around and headed to HC. We quickly caught a taxi and were back at the apt by 11pm.

I took my melatonin and sleeping pill and was in bed by 11:20.

My thigh/hip area seems to be back to normal. 😊

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment