Thursday, April 14, 2022

Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Last night I took my Advil at 9:30 and went to bed at 10pm. I got up once at 3:45 and the night sweats were minimal. It seemed I just catnapped until the alarm went off at 5am and Teresa got up. I finally got up at 7:30.

I left the apt and arrived at Los PorteƱos by 8:50. All the outside tables were taken so I took the nearest one inside. Fifteen minutes later a couple left, and I grabbed the table just before Glenn arrived with Bianca.

He had his usual tea with a croissant and I had my usual croissant with scrambled eggs and a small latte. It was very quiet today so we suspected the construction workers had the week off for holy week.

I walked to Parva and on the way I saw workers manually backfilling another trench so I guess some of them are still working.

I stayed in Parva for about an hour before returning to the apt.

We had a 5-minute rain shower about 1pm.

More details about Aunt Mary’s finca. 1) It’s not in Girardota, it’s in Copacabana which is slightly closer. 2) They are going on Sunday not Monday. 3) If Esmeralda’s old car can’t make it up the hill it will be a 30-minute walk uphill to the finca. That’s the deal breaker, it would be an uncomfortable 45-minutes for me.

Teresa said in the future we could take the metro from Ayura to Bello then a bus from there to Copacabana. There’d better be a taxi from there to the finca.

Teresa saw an ad for a pizza maker that they sell at Tienda D1. I asked her where we would keep it in our kitchen and her plan is to take it to the finca.

Teresa said I shouldn’t have any trouble returning my pants even though the tag is off.  I sure hope they have a size L.

 

Funny pix of the day




No comments:

Post a Comment