Saturday, April 9, 2022

Friday, April 8, 2022

Last night I took an Advil at 9:30 and went to bed at 10pm. I quickly fell asleep but woke up at 12:45. I was sweating mildly so I just flipped the sheet & blanket from head to toe.

I got up the usual 4-5 times during the night. Still, I feel like I may have figured out a process here that allows me to sleep painlessly through the night.

I just noticed the new box of Advil I bought are Max so we’ll see if these are stronger than the others. More relief? More sweating?

It was nice to be able to take a full normal shower again. I almost forgot how to do it. 😊

Jack W. I recall having a very mild case of shingles some (25?) years ago.

After a breakfast of blueberry pancakes I recommended to Teresa that we have a simple lunch of soup or frijoles because we’ll be ordering ribs and fries from Mu tonight.

I left the apt at 9:30 and took a Didi to the mall. I recycled a couple plastic bottles then looked for a suitable toilet plunger in Home Center. No luck. I recycled a couple AAA batteries on the way out. (They finally emptied the recycling containers that have been full for some time.)

Expats have been talking up the ATMs in Scotiabank Colpatria so today I made a withdrawal from one. Only problem I saw was they only have one ATM compared to Davivienda’s three.

In Decathlon I checked the convertible pants again. Today they were only 135 mil (140 mil before?) and there were a lot more sizes. I had removed the tags from my current pants so I’m in the dark as to what their size is. They had a few L-XL but only one M-L so I bought that one as it would be more likely the other size would be available if I needed to return them. The cashier said they are guaranteed for a year and I have 3 months to return them. They didn’t have plastic bags just large recyclable bags for 1mil so I went without.

I bought another ½” binder in Dollar City. It cost 10mil and I gave the young lady 50mil. I asked for a bag and she said it would be another 50 pesos and I clearly saw 50,050 on the screen. I gave her another 100 pesos and she gave me back 2 20mil bills and 150 pesos. I tried to give her the 100 pesos back: 50,000 -10,000 = 40,000 and 100 pesos – 50 pesos = 50 pesos. She still didn’t seem to understand so I just said, “soy matemático” and left. I removed the binder and put my pants with receipt in the bag.

I was looking forward to something cold for a change in Todo Fresa but they had the fans going full blast which quickly cooled me down. I ordered a latte and asked the waitress to turn down the fan which she quickly did.

I left after about an hour and bought a 6-pack of 250ml Coke and another box of day pads and returned to the apt by taxi. (We’d obviously had a brief shower the few minutes I was in Exito.)

Nobraskja texted me they have a package for me for 60,800 pesos. I told her I would pick it up at her office tomorrow.

I watched the first few holes of The Masters as Tiger Woods is trying to make a comeback.

It’s been a while but Teresa brought up the subject of us making oatmeal cookies. I got out the Betty Crocker recipe book and told he that if she makes substitutions (fake sugar for real sugar; margarine for real butter) don’t tell anyone it’s my recipe. I heard her discussing chocolate in a call with Laura so I asked if she wants to make oatmeal cookies or chocolate chip cookies. She mentioned peanut butter and I told her I have recipes for all three but first she needs to make sure she has all the ingredients.

We were going to order from Mu tonight but Teresa got an invite to join Esmeralda for pizza. I told her no problem: just bring me a slice and we can order from Mu tomorrow.

About 5:15 my hip started bothering me. By 5:30 it was driving me crazy. I hooked up the electrodes to both side of my hip and immediately I got 90% relief. I kept it on until it was almost time to go to bed.

Teresa went back and forth between having Mu ribs here with me and going to Sabaneta with Esmeralda. She ended up doing the latter.

At 6pm I ordered Mu ribs and they arrived at 7pm. Their first day reopening they were probably inundated with orders. I had one rib and half the fries. Teresa returned at 8:45.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment