Sunday, April 24, 2022

Saturday, April 23, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm and it took a little while to fall asleep, but I didn’t wake up until 5am. Wow, 7 straight hours so I imagine I must have gotten some deep sleep. 😊 I could use some more of that.

Teresa left at 9am to pick up her mother for a rumba class in the mall. I’ll be meeting up with them a little later.

I soon left and took a Didi to the mall. I recycled a plastic bottle then checked for my pants in Decathalon. They had two pairs FR 46, W36 L34 on the rack. I bought one then settled down in Todo Fresa with a café con leche. Teresa and MT arrived and they shared a couple small pastries and small coffees. It took a while to pay the bill. We went into Home Center where Teresa picked up a couple T-Fal pans and accessories and I bought a 4-pack of Energizer AAA batteries.

Teresa wanted to go to Mayorca but I declined. She said she would need 300mil so I made a trip to the ATM. On the way I saw a young man carrying a large Dalmation puppy. The thought occurred as to why he was carrying it instead of walking it.

On my way back to the ladies I made a side trip to the restroom. I saw the young man again with the Dalmation. The dog had planted himself on his stomach with legs out to the side. The guy drug it a few feet then dropped the leash and walked ahead. He turned back and the dog hadn’t moved. He picked it up and carried it. 😊

Outside Exito we briefly ran into Dr. Rendon. Across the street we had lunch at La Bahia.

They took a taxi to Mayorca and I took one back to the apt.

I changed the AAA batteries in the TV and Amazon Firestick remote controls.

Teresa called a couple times; they ended up going to Santafe mall instead of Mayorca.

I finished season 4 of The Sopranos.

Teresa returned at 6:30 and brought me a slice of Starbucks carrot cake.

The rain started about 7:30.

I got an urge to watch one of my favorite moves again, Cast Away, starring my favorite actor, Tom Hanks. I skipped through some “slow” parts, but I didn’t miss the end where the redhead in the pickup truck says, “good luck cowboy”. I checked IMDB and her name was Lari White and she died in 2018 of peritoneal cancer.

 

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment