Monday, April 11, 2022

Sunday, April 10, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, couldn’t sleep with the discomfort in my hip, got up at 1:30 and took an Advil (it was raining), got up at 2:30 to dry myself off and flip the sheets, got up one more time before the alarm went off at 7am.

The hip feels normal so far this morning.

I tried to use Didi to order a car to Botanika restaurant but it couldn’t seem to find it. I used inDriver and offered 12mil and we quickly had a ride.

Glenn was already there having a cappuccino.

Teresa and I each ordered a latte.

They had an English/Spanish menu. I ordered an omelette and another latte. Teresa first ordered a fruit cup. Glenn ordered some International thing which he didn’t much care much for. Unlike last time there were no beggars with their hand out. Teresa needed a spoon to eat her egg and I asked the waitress for one. She handed me a package but it contained the same fork and knife. She brought one with a spoon on the next ask.

The bill came and was something like 113,300. Besides my omelette they charged extra for the toast and marmalade. There was one more coffee than we had but I didn’t feel like arguing over 7mil. The tip was over 17%, usually it’s 10% in restaurants. Is this a Parque Llleras tax? I gave the waitress 3 50s and change and she shorted me 700pesos.

We walked to Calle 10 and quickly caught a taxi to El Tesoro mall.

I saw this setup in one of the atriums:




When I saw kids with palm fronds I was my reminded that today is Palm Sunday.

She bought a fanny pack for the gym for 95,900 pesos. We had lunch in Natto Bowls. She did some more shopping but didn’t buy anything.

We returned to the apt by taxi.

When she tried on the fanny pack the belt was too large enough with both sides tightened to the max. I told her she could get it fixed at a Sasteria and showed her where to cut and sew.



I tried to watch more episodes of The Sopranos but I think there is too much wifi traffic on the weekends.

I did a TENS session and it seemed to help my hip. I just hope it lasts until 9:30 when I take my Advil.

 

Funny pix of the day



1 comment:

  1. Terry, if using Advil is causing you to experience night-sweats I got to wondering whether if changing to Acetaminophen might help to avoid those side-effects that Advil is causing you.

    Regards,

    Paul M.
    ==

    ReplyDelete