Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Monday, April 4, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up 4-5 times during the night but otherwise feel I slept enough, finally waking/getting up at 7:15.

One of my readers recommended I use my TENS unit to control the pain in my joints and muscles. Thanks, Jack.

At 8:45 I tried ordering a Didi car. It automatically brought up my starting location as the apt complex across the street, Urbanización Via Serrano. I tried repeatedly to change it to Palo de Rosa or even our exact address and it always replied, “Oops! The same address cannot be used for two locations”. Then fix your app!

I switched to inDriver and it popped up with an address of Calle 30 Sur #45A-58. I was able to change that to our address and I quickly had a ride for 10mil. I tried finding Inter-Col as a destination but had tome problem with that too.

My driver, Juan Carlos, picked me up about 9am and luckily he spoke good English. I told him to head for Unicentro mall while I looked for the exact address.

(Backstory: Last December, Daniela texted me that I could come pick up my 6 months of checking statements. I told her I didn’t need them so she could destroy or just throw them away. Embedded in the same message was a notice that their new location is in Poblado. Obviously, I missed or forgot that.)

After contacting Daniela I found they moved from Unicentro to Poblado. We were already on Ave. 80 but Juan Carlos easily corrected our route and we soon were on Ave. Poblado. Their new office is Ave. Poblado #1 Sur-188 in the Davivienda building, office 808. I asked Juan Carlos how much he wanted and he told me 10mil but I gave him 15mil.

As I approached the building there was a female security guard. I told her I was here for InterCol and she guided me into the parking garage to an elevator which took us up to the “first floor”. She showed me the registration desk and I got in a small line. I showed my ID and they called InterCol. I took the elevator up to the 8th floor and around the corner to their office. No other customer so I saw Daniela right away. I gave her my passport, my hardcopy photos (of which she took 2 and returned the other 2) and copied my digital photos from my USB driver to her computer. I had to provide a backup person in the States which was my brother. I wasn’t exactly sure of his address so I texted him for confirmation. The entire process took about an hour. The charge is 1,046,500 pesos ($283 at 3700COP/USD) which she said I could pay via Paypal and she said the renewal would take a little over a month.

When I left, I took the elevator down to the first floor then exited doors on the right and walked downstairs to street level. Across the street I quickly caught a bus back to Envigado.

Teresa left for the first of her two doctors’ appointment.

Two weeks until Tax Day so I sent a reminder to Vickie.

I tried the TENS unit for about 20 minutes and it seemed to help.

Teresa called at 5:30 to inform me she’s “rained in” in Santafe Mall. Once the rain lets up she will return by bus.

She called me back at 6:30 to inform me that she’s in a long line for a taxi.

She returned at 7:15 with a slice of carrot cake for me from Starbucks.

I did a full 30-minute TENS episode and it seems to have helped my hip.

Rain almost all evening.

Teresa watches Desafio every evening from 8 to 9:30pm. The Kansas vs North Carolina NCAA championship starts at 8:20pm. My plan was to switch to the game at 9:30 but by 9:15 I was so tired I took an Advil and went to bed. It seems to take about an hour for the painkiller to kick in so in the meantime it’s a lot of rolling around attempting to find a comfortable sleeping position.

I got up several times during the night. I woke up at 8:30 and Teresa left for the gym at 8:45.

At this point I have some slight soreness in my right knee.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 27,431 ð 27,088 ð 27,573 new cases and 651 ð 648 ð 632 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of NOT REPORTED ð NOT REPORTED ð NOT REPORTED newly reported cases with NOT REPORTED ð NOT REPORTED ð NOT REPORTED newly reported deaths.

It appears, since I haven’t renewed my Patreon membership, that Medellin Guru hasn’t given me updated information since April 1st. So, I guess I will be closing this portion of my blog.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment