Friday, April 8, 2022

Thursday, April 7, 2022

Last night was basically the same as the night before with a little less of the night sweats. It rained almost throughout the night.

I took a Didi car to Torre Medica #2 in El Tesoro arriving right on time for my 8:30 appointment. A couple of patients went ahead of me but still I was out by 9am.

He removed my bandage and informed me I won’t need it anymore. That will certainly simplify showering as I will no longer need to try to keep the bandage dry.  I asked if the incision could get infected if I went swimming in the ocean. He said it won’t get infected but I shouldn’t be swimming (exercising) yet. He said I should continue to wear the faja for the next 6 months although I can start relaxing a bit after 3 months. (That should put a crimp in any travel plans I had.) I should start walking a little more though.

I told him about my problem with various pains in my right leg but instead of a rheumatologist he recommended I see a sports medicine doctor. Deportologo Juan Camilo Correa, (604) 3119918 & 311 3806624.

Again he asked me what we call a faja in English. Again I said the best I know is girdle or corset but neither seems appropriate. I told him I even googled it and only came up with the alternatives of belt and cumberbund.

I asked when I would see him again and he said I could come back in 6 months for a quick checkup.

There was no charge for today’s visit. (I guess he liked my joke.)

I had coffee at Santa Leña, printed some tax information and returned to the apt by taxi. The driver forgot to turn on his meter (I was wondering where his working meter was) but I gave him 14mil which I think was more than fair.

I finished watching Dan Brown’s The Lost Symbol on MTV.

The Weather Channel app predicted occasional rain for the afternoon and evening so I didn’t even think of going out again.

At 1:45 I noticed it was raining. I know it started at least one more time.

I started watching The Sopranos (9.2) on MTV. That should entertain me for a while.

Rain started again about 8pm. About this time my knee and hip started bothering me also. I did my TENS session for an hour and it helped the knee a bit but not my hip. I gutted it out until 9:30 when I took an Advil, felt relief 10-15 minutes later and went to bed at 10pm.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment