Saturday, May 28, 2022

Friday, May 27, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night (it wasn’t raining but the street was wet), took quite a while to fall back asleep, finally waking/getting up at 7:15.

I had a nap after breakfast.

The Weather Channel only reports ahead 7-hours. At this point it says, “Thunderstorms are possible after 6pm.” As time goes on, I’m hoping that will get pushed back.

Teresa left at 11:30 to take MT to Clinica Medellin. After they are going to Santafe Mall for lunch and to shop. I told her I’m thinking of going to Poblado to play chess. She asked me to call her when I’m done so we might be able to share a taxi back to Envigado.

I left at 12:30 and took a bus to Poblado. I walked down to the Pequeno Libreria and their door was open but none of the stuff I could see inside had been set up. Across the street at 404 Pizza I took my time with an order of penne pasta with a basket of garlic bread and a Coke for 37,840 ($9.50).


I've already eaten half the basket of garlic bread.

An hour later as I left they were setting up across the street.

I walked about 6 blocks to Masaya and it was obvious the Friday lunch rush was over and I didn’t see anyone inside playing chess.

Outside I saw the robot package deliver machine again and I thought I took video of it but all I see in my gallery is this short video and this still:




so I guess they made a permanent move to their new Manila location.

I called Teresa and told her I would be at Santafe mall in about 30 minutes.

I passed Philly Steaks where I found this sign:



At Ave. Poblado I waited 5 minutes for a Sabaneta bus. I got off at Oviedo and walked a block to the pedestrian crossing to Santafe mall. It was another 5 minutes for the light to come on for pedestrians to cross. I went up to the 5th floor and checked out Cine Colombia’s offerings but the only show in English was Top Gun that I had just seen.

I met the ladies outside of Percimon where we had yogurt ice cream. I hated to use two of my 20’s but I had forgotten to bring an extra 50 for such a purpose.

I finally made contact with a guy in Envigado who plays chess and we’re making plans to meet at Otra Parte on Sunday.

We took a taxi back to Envigado, dropped off MT at La Bahia and returned to our apt for 14mil.

We had a nap for about an hour.

Esmeralda picked us up about 7pm

It was when Teresa asked me to change clothes and order a car that I learned that Esmeralda wasn’t coming. The Didi car to Antica Pizza cost almost 10mil (busy time?) when usually a taxi only costs 6-7,000 pesos. We each had our usual slice of pizza (with water) for a total of 24,500 pesos ($6). At a corner bakery we bought pastries for the porteros and returned to the apt by taxi for 7,800 pesos. Teresa wanted to see her Desafio program but found out it was preempted by the final presidential debate. The election is Sunday but I don’t know if that will be the final or if its still some type of primary.

 

 

Putin Joke

 

Obama went to meet Putin in Moscow…

…After dinner at the kremlin, Putin asks Obama to join him in a separate room. He leads Obama into a white room with three red buttons and a two- way mirror, and he closes the door behind him.

Not knowing what to do, Obama decides to press the first button. He pressed it and a giant boxing glove comes out of the wall and hits him in the stomach.

Putin and the other Russians in the other side of the mirror start laughing.

Obama pressed the second button, a pie come out the wall and hits him in the face.

The Russians in the other side of the mirror are bent over laughing.

Obama pressed the third button, and a bucket of cold water gets poured over his head. The Russians can’t contain their laughter.

Putin comes to get Obama, he tells him “you Americans have a good sense of humor, you’re a good sport, we should hang out more sometime”

“Great” Obama said, “come to Washington next month.”


So Putin comes to Washington and him and Obama have a great dinner, after which Obama leads Putin into a similar white room with three red buttons and a two-way mirror. He closes the door behind him.

Putin presses the first button, nothing happens.

The Americans on the other side of the glass start laughing.

Putin pressed the second button, nothing happens.

The Americans on the other side of the glass are crying and laughing.

Putin pressed the third button, nothing happens.

The Americans are rolling on the ground with laughter.

Obama goes to Putin and Putin tells him “you Americans have great sense of humor, you’re a good guy Obama, why don’t you come next month to Moskva for dinner.”

“Moscow?” Obama says laughing… “what Moscow?





No comments:

Post a Comment