Monday, May 9, 2022

Sunday, May 8, 2022

Happy Mother’s Day!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, took a while to fall asleep, got up once during the night, woke up at 6:15 and got up at 6:45.

So far it looks like it could be a beautiful day.

At 8am I started the process of ordering a Didi. My ride was only 3 minutes away and I arrived at Gloria’s Waffles by 8:20. It was still closed but there was a guy on a motorcycle waiting nearby. I checked online and found that Gloria’s Waffles is closed on Sundays. Why didn’t Glenn or I notice that. (Last night I couldn’t even find the website but I was looking for Vickie’s Waffles. 😊) Glenn soon arrived and we switched to plan B. We had the driver take us to the nearby Sweet Georgia’s Café. Glenn had French toast, scrambled eggs and bacon while I had a Waffle and bacon. (I should have had scrambled eggs instead of bacon.) We each had a large coffee and the total came to 46mil for me and 48mil for him. We called for separate rides back to Envigado.

I had a nap for an hour and 30 minutes.

Teresa and I left the apt at 2:15 with bags of things that Teresa would need to make lunch. We waited in the porteria for MT to arrive before I ordered a Didi. All of a sudden Teresa said, “the chicken is still in the refrigerator” and she ran back upstairs and retrieved it. She called her mother to see where she was but she didn’t answer. She called Wilson to discover that MT was waiting at her porteria for us to pick her up. I ordered a Didi and we went to her apt and picked her up. The driver took the highway then I guess he saw heavy traffic ahead and he crossed over to the other side of the river for awhile. We eventually arrived at her niece’s apt not far from the stadium.

We got on the second of two elevators but I couldn’t see the numbers on the elevator buttons so I started pushing them only to discover they were all even floors and we needed to get to the 15th floor. We ended up getting off on 14 and walking up a floor.

(I confess to not having all of the names and relationships of our hosts straight.)

Ricardo took me downstairs to meet another gringo. His name was Warren and he was from Rhode Island. He is really into horse racing and was watching a race on his cellphone as we spoke. I mentioned yesterday’s 80-1 winner in the Kentucky Derby and he claimed he had a winning ticket. He correctly called the win and place and some other combination where he didn’t get the 3rd place correct but still won big.

Back upstairs everyone was eating chicken pasta salad that Teresa had made. It’s unbelievable that their kitchen is smaller than ours and their table only seats four so I was in the second seating.

They had a friendly little dog that really liked having his ears scratched.

I played a couple games of chess with Ricardo and I won both.

We finally left at 8:15 and Catalina gave us all a ride back to Envigado in her comfortable Chevy.

After a number of straight losses my rating is down to 1564.

 

 

Funny pix of the day



1 comment:

  1. Good day, Terry. I had to put my 2008 smart fortwo in the shop today. The cost was $1059. I hate living in a car centric metro area. If the Dallas, Tx area had decent public transportation I would not own a car. I am so looking forward to my life as a car-free expat.
    Your virtual Friend,
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete