Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Monday, May 2, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, woke up at 6:15 and got up at 7am. (That hooting bird hooting kept me from falling back asleep.)

Street was a little wet so we must have had a little rain sometime during the night.

I left the apt at 9am and got on an Envigado bus outside Smartfit on Avenida Poblado. I got one of the last two seats. The bus went to the end of the block and turned right – obviously Ave Poblado northbound is closed – and took a 5-minute detour until it returned to Ave Poblado near La Frontera.

I got off right outside the Davivienda bank building. Inside the garage I took the elevator up to the “first floor”, I checked in with the guard, he called Inter-Col and I took a 2nd elevator up to the 8th floor. Daniela handed me my new passport, good for 10 years, and a copy of my digital visa which is good for 3 years. I asked her about the difficulty for a Colombian to get a US visitor visa but with her accent and wearing a mask I didn’t understand all of her answer. She said it was okay if I had Teresa call her and talk to her.

I took a Sabaneta bus to Envigado and got out across from the bookstore. They had several James Patterson hardbacks and after checking online I chose “Mary Mary”. I gave them my Scarpetta hardback and 3mil for the new one.

I walked to the paper store where I printed some pages and bought 5 money envelopes.

In Todo Drogas I purchased my medications for the month and was soon on an Envigado bus near the park. Still on the bus I realized I forgot to get my memory drive back at the paper store. Shit, that means I have to make a special trip. I was back at the apt by 11:15.

Teresa and I had an hour nap after lunch.

I made plans to meet Marcos for coffee tomorrow morning at 10am when cafĂ© Maca opens. Our meetings usually only last 45 minutes do from there I’ll probably make a quick trip to Parque Envigado to recover my USB drive.

Tomorrow Teresa is going early to eps, will return to make me breakfast, then going to the gym followed by a trip to El Tesoro.

I just noticed Todo Drogas doesn’t give me a very good exchange rate when I use my debit card but the difference only amounted to $2 so I don’t know that I should consider carrying cash instead.

I finished John Grisham’s The Pelican Brief on my Nook.

 

Funny pix of the day






1 comment:

  1. Terry, good day. I have a curiosity question. How much do you think you and Teresa spend per month on transportation during a typical month? I would think much less than owning a car, even without considering the depreciation on a car and the initial cost.
    Thanks, Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete