Monday, May 23, 2022

Sunday, May 22, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up thrice during the night (too much late Coca Cola), had no problem falling back asleep and was awakened by my alarm at 7am.

Teresa asked me why I don’t play music using my brother’s speaker. I connected it and it took a while for me to figure out that it’s wireless. I guess I only have to plug it in to recharge it.

I left the apt just after 8am and met Glenn with Bianca in Ganso y Castor by 8:30. He’s doing well physically just experiencing often and sudden urges to urinate. He ordered pancakes, two fried eggs and a banana muffin; I guess he was hungry. I had the French toast with strawberries and bananas. They left and I had coffee in Parva for an hour before returning to the apt.

My iPod seems to be dying; today it only played two songs, La Bamba and I Walk the Line. I’ll resync it and see if that helps.

I chatted with a Charles Schwab rep about yesterday’s ATM problem and she asked me, “Are you by chance travelling international?” I told her I’m presently visiting Colombia but might visit Dominican Republic later in the year. She unblocked my debit card but only gave me a travel clearance for the next 14 days. I asked how I can reset that online and she said to go to Service, Debit Cards, Travel Notice. I hope this doesn’t turn out to be a problem.

Today’s news reported increased cases of Covid-19 in Colombia.

I ordered chicken from Frisby but then lost my internet connection so I can’t see the progress of the order. I guess if they’re not here by 2pm I’ll have to order again. The order arrived at 1:20 so all is good.

The last time I heard from Jose, my Cuban chess playing friend, was March 7th when he said he would be traveling to the US on a one-way ticket and he didn’t know when he would return. Yesterday he said he returned a few days ago, he was fine and was able to get many things done. I told him I still have sleep issues and haven’t even been playing correspondence chess.

The rain started about 3:15 but wasn’t very heavy nor lasted long.

Interestingly, today I found a few people had posted Putin jokes (mine) on Expat Exchange.

I watched the end of the PGA championship then 60 Minutes. The second episode was about Hope Chicago sending all of Chicago’s south side Johnson College Prep students to college.

 

Putin Joke

 

Putin consulted with a fortune teller who predicted that he would die on a Ukrainian holiday.

Putin asks: "Which one?”

To which the fortune teller responded, “Whenever you die it will be a Ukrainian holiday!”


1 comment:

  1. Good day, Terry, I send your Putin jokes to six of my friends/family . I make some adjustments to them to reflect the current. Such as yesterday's, was sent out as:
    President Putin and his driver were on their way to a base in the eastern part of Ukraine to give the Russian generals a serious scolding in a car when all of a sudden, they hit a pig near a farmhouse, killing it instantly.

    I enjoy your jokes, the pictures of the day, and the pictures you take when you are out and about.
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete