Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Monday, May 30, 2022

Today is Memorial Day in the States. Here it’s a different holiday, Dia de la Ascensción (Ascension Day).

Last night I went to bed at 10:15, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 1am (it was drizzling), fell back asleep quickly, got up again at 4am (still drizzling), took a little while to fall back asleep, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

I had an hourlong nap after breakfast.

We left at 10:45 and took a Didi to Pricesmart. We stocked up on everything (I got my Knott’s Berry Farm Strawberry Preserves) on our list then had a leisurely lunch in their cafeteria. We picked up our meat and got into one of their long lines to pay – 776,190 pesos or $199. We had a 10-15-minute wait to return to the apt by taxi. There was almost no traffic and we were back by 1:45.

We took a short nap then I left at 3pm for coffee. As expected, Parva was closed for the holiday, but Los Porteños was open. I had a couple small coffees and finished reading one of my chess books. When the waiter brought the check for 13mil, I noticed there was no service charge so I tipped him personally 2mil. I bought 2 bags of milk at the small grocery on my way back to the apt.

I looked ahead online at the marquee for Cine Colombia for Thursday and it has Jurassic World Dominion listed but IMDB has a US release date of June 10th so I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Teresa called Gloria and had 2 slices of pizza delivered in 45 minutes for 32mil ($8).

Tonight, there’s supposed to be a special meteor display, but I don’t know if that’s just for the northern hemisphere. At 9pm I went out on the balcony and the sky above us was completely overcast. Strangely, to the south, about where Sabaneta begins it looked completely clear. I looked again at 10pm and it was completely overcast and drizzling.

 

Not so fun, pix



No comments:

Post a Comment