Saturday, May 7, 2022

Friday, May 6, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, woke/got up at 6am.

I didn’t get out to Parva yesterday, so I wasn’t able to buy milk on my way back. We’re waiting for 7am when Teresa will call a tienda and a muchacho will deliver us a couple bags.

Jack W. My last car was a 2010 Toyota Prius and boy do I miss driving…but not here.

I sent a text message to the Medellin Chess group asking if anyone was available for a game tomorrow. Only one person responded with a location that’s out in the open. I told them I’d rather wait and see if anyone responded with an indoor location.

I left the apt at 8:45 and walked to Parva for coffee. Some observations: 1. The neighborhood Exito is completely empty. 2. Tienda de Mascotas is open again. They either removed their grooming area or moved it to the back. 3. Calle 31 is now walled off all the way up to Avenida Poblado. Teresa called me at 10am and I ordered a Didi to take her and MT to El Tesoro mall.

After returning to the apt I used my Talk360 app to call USAA and 25 minutes later I finally got my account linked with Charles Schwab so I can move money back and forth. The rep also recommended I use Google Chrome to access my account. Of course, now I have to test it to ensure it works. The call cost $1.25.

I left at 2:15 and walked to Na Pizza. They had one of those QR codes on the table to scan. It didn’t seem to work for me so I went out to the front where I remember seeing their menu on a stand out front. It turned out to be just an image of a menu. Back inside I decided to use their internet connection. It demanded I set up an account first: first name, last name, sex, telephone number. I was getting tired of all the questions and strongly considered leaving. It then found my old account and asked me to enter my password. #$%(& I don’t remember what password I used. Finally, it offered me a guest entrance and I got their password from the waitress.

I was going to order penne pasta but ended up ordering their meatball sandwich again. (It started raining about 3pm.) This time the meatballs were so large they didn’t fit inside the bread so it was more open face than a sandwich. I used several toothpicks to hold the last meatballs in place. It was as delicious as the first time I had it. I also had a Coke and the total came to 45mil.

I snuck next door to Parva without getting wet. Almost all the seats were taken by “baskets” that I’m sure were going to be used for the upcoming Mother’s Day.

I had coffee about an hour and left when the rain abated a little.

I finished season 3 and started season 4 of Ozark. What a great series.

I did a test transfer of $500 from USAA to Charles Schwab. It worked on the USAA side and I’ll check for the dollars in CS tomorrow.

Teresa returned at 6:30; she said it took 90 minutes to return from El Tesoro. And she wonders why I don’t want to go there.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment