Thursday, May 5, 2022

Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, woke up at 6:15 and got up at 6:30.

One of my readers, Jack W., asked how much we spend a month on transportation. Yes, it is much less expensive and bothersome than owning a car. A bus ride costs 2,550 pesos or 65 cents (the metro probably something similar), a taxi minimum of 5,800 pesos or $1.50 but seldom does it cost more than 12,000 pesos or $3, and a Didi, which we’ve been using a lot lately, costs a little less. So, I would guess something like $100 a month. (That may soon go up a bit depending on how this coming Saturday goes.)

I had breakfast with Glenn at Los PorteƱos. I had my usual croissant with scrambled eggs and a large coffee for 19,557 ($5).

After lunch Teresa and I took an hour nap.

I finished the last season of The Sopranos. What an underwhelming ending. I found this quote from the series creator:




Online I also found a plausible explanation for the ending.

I started watching season 3 of Ozark again in preparation for watching their last season, number 4.

 

 

Funny pix of the day



1 comment:

  1. Terry, thanks for the info on your transportation costs. I have a 2008 smart fortwo micro car. I had to take it in for repairs yesterday. No cost to repair estimate yet. I am hoping it lasts until I become an expat. I care for my mom, she is 90 yrs. old. Her health is declining, though nothing major other than age. Thinking about my future expat life helps me handle the "Ground Hog" days taking care of her. I live a somewhat virtual expat life reading your blog and watching expat YouTube channels. I drink my morning cup of coffee reading your blog.
    Your faithful reader and virtual friend,
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete