Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Monday, May 16, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 1:30, (outside it was raining) and woke/got up at 6am.

Glenn should be having his surgery soon.

I had a short nap after breakfast.

I met Marcos at Maca at 10am for coffee. He wants to marry his girlfriend and he asked if women change their last names when they marry. I thought not but I asked our waitress if she was married. At least that’s what I thought “tu casarte?” meant. She got all flustered and replied “no”. I asked her if Colombian women change their last names when they get married and she said, “no”. Marcos is returning to AZ in July for his grandsons’ 3rd birthday and he offered to buy me a MagicJack in Best Buy. We are probably going to meet again for coffee on Wednesday or Thursday.

I walked across the street to a bus stop where I soon was on an Envigado bus to Viva Envigado.

I tried paying the Direct TV bill at Baloto but was told, “DirectTV Elsa appearing as having overdue bills and she is not making payments.”  I’m not sure what that video translation means but this was my 3rd attempt. The ball is now in Teresa’s court.

I made a large ATM withdrawal and returned to the apt by taxi.

Teresa called Direct TV and I have to go to $efecty to pay the bill. I wanted to avoid that because it’s in Parque Envigado but I guess that’s where I’ll be headed tomorrow.

I’m suspending playing correspondence chess on Chess.com for a while. I seem to be throwing games away, I hope just because I’m not sleeping well.

The Weather Channel predicts possible thunderstorms after 6pm so I should be good to go for today.

After lunch I was too tired to go to Poblado to play chess so I had an hour nap instead.

Glenn’s surgery was successful and he’s uncomfortable but not in pain.

I used Talk360 and managed to change another one of my pensions but having great difficulties (online and calling) with the 3rd. I emailed Talk360 support for help with the phone number. To be continued.

I ordered 2 bottles of Joint Support from Arazo Nutrition. I understand Esmeralda has fibromyalgia and I think I’ll give her one and see if it helps.

We went to Antica Pizza tonight and 3 slices cost 34mil ($8.50). Our young Didi driver spoke near perfect English, said he had family in Canada and the US and learned English listening to music and watching videos.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment