Sunday, May 29, 2022

Saturday, May 28, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 5am so I slept through the night, couldn’t fall back asleep, finally getting up at 6am.

I had a short nap after breakfast.

Teresa left at 9am for the beauty parlor for…whatever they do there…nails, hair, eyebrows because tonight we plan on a nice dinner in El Correo. So, since that’s an all-day activity, I will be on my own for lunch.

I left at 9:30 and after coffee in Parva I went next door to Na Pizza where I had lunch. I had a Cesar salad and a strawberry juice for 42mil. (Delicious!)



I was back at the apt by 2pm.

Teresa called at 3:30 as she was still at the beauty shop.

Teresa returned at 6:30 and told me to quickly get dressed as her nephew Sebastian was waiting downstairs in his car to take us to El Correo. Teresa said he doesn’t have much money so she asked me to pay him as if he was a Didi. I checked at that would be 10mil.

He seemed unsure of the route so I turned on my Waze app, set it to El Correo and set it on my left thigh so he could see and hear the directions. He missed a turn off of Ave. Las Vegas but got corrected at the next corner. Teresa told me Sebastian isn’t in any hurry so we’re inviting him to join us for dinner. We missed a turn in Provenza a block or so from the restaurant and ended up parking next to the hotel I first stayed at back in 2012. (Now the name is different and it might be a hostel.) From there it was a 3-block walk to the restaurant. There were a couple of tables taken, a couple larger tables reserved and it got busier while we were there. I had the pepper steak and ribs before so this time I ordered the Baby Beef which I found out is like a skirt steak. It was tasty but (too) chewy so it wasn’t that pleasant. Teresa got chicken with vegetables and Sebastian had the ribs. For dessert I ordered cookies with ice cream to share although Teresa didn’t touch it. The check came to 238,810 ($61) and back at the parking garage it was 13mil for the parking.

On the way back to the apt Sebastian was in the wrong lane to turn onto Ave. Las Vegas so I recommended he turn right after the bridge which I thought would take us to the other side of Monterrey mall but it was the expressway. After he ignored a couple of my right turn requests I learned he thought we were going south when we were going north. We finally got turned around after the Industriales station. Southbound now on the expressway it then started to rain but luckily didn’t last long and we were back at the apt by 9:30.

 

Putin Joke

 

Putin asks a fortune teller: Where will I be in July?

The fortune teller answers: I see you in a limo driving through Kiev, the war between Russia and Ukraine has ended, and everyone is cheering.

Putin: Am I waving to them?

Fortune teller: No, the coffin is closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment