Sunday, May 1, 2022

Saturday, April 30, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, finally waking at 6 and getting up at 6:30.

I put on my new size 36 convertible pants for the first time. The previous pair I could stretch them over my faja and it was sufficiently tight to hold them up. The new pair must be 1-2 millimeters larger so they are a little loose. I just checked and the new pair is a different brand.

Teresa and I left the apt at 9am and took a Didi to the mall. She went to the gym. I recycled a couple plastic bottles, paid the 1st of the month bills, and took a photo of the Ikea ongoing construction. 

This is the first mention I've seen of Ikea in the mall:



If you look to the right the white tarps cover the side of the new metro walkway. If you look just to its left you can see the end of the old walkway in the background.



This is the new side entrance:




The new store is going to be so wide it needed the space of the pedestrian walkway from the metro so they moved it a few feet west and also made a new entrance on the side of the mall.

I was having coffee in Santa Leña when Teresa called me. Something about her mother and Crepes & Waffles. She called me back a few minutes later and told me they are in Todo Fresa. I told her I’m going to buy the liquid Fab she asked for and return to the apt. I was back by 11:30.

 

I watched the 3rd and last day of the NFL draft on NFL Game Pass. The Bears remaining draft picks:

·     148th pick (5th round).

·     150th pick (5th round).

·     186th pick (6th round).

 

I don’t know what happened to the Bears 5th round picks. It seems they may have traded down but so far I can’t find any details.

About 1:30 I remembered that Teresa was going to take her mother to El Tesoro so I ordered chicken wings & fries from Rocket Wings.

My son helped me figure it out. The Bears kept trading back turning 3 picks into 8.

With the 186th pick (6th round) the Chicago Bears selected Zachary Thomas, T, San Diego St.

And at 3:15 a short downpour started.

With the 203rd pick (6th round) the Chicago Bears selected RB Trestan Ebner, Baylor.

With the 207th pick (6th round) the Chicago Bears selected C Doug Kramer, Illinois.

With the 226th pick (7th round) the Chicago Bears selected T Ja’Tyre Carter, Southern University.

With the 254th pick (7th round) the Chicago Bears selected S Elijah Hicks, California.

With the 255th pick (7th round) the Chicago Bears selected P Trenton Gill, NC State.

We had a short shower about 5:30.

Teresa suggested we go for pizza. I ordered a Didi car and had the driver take me to MT’s apt where we picked up Teresa and MT. The driver charged us 15mil to drop us off at Antica Pizza. Teresa thought that was too much until I reminded her it was actually two trips, first me to Metro Sur then Metro Sur to Antica Pizza.

When we left at 8pm there was a line to get into the nearby Office Burger. There was even a long line of cars to get into and out of McDonald’s. Did I mention this week is the Burger Maester contest for who has the best burger in Medellin? I guess each time you buy a burger you are voting. Alejandro told me the other day it took him 2 hours to get into Pegasus by Los Molinos. I remember that place, something about “flying pigs” and it’s by Calle 30 and Avenida 80.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment