Friday, May 27, 2022

Thursday, May 26, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night (it wasn’t raining but the street was wet), got up again at 5:45 and was surprised Teresa was up getting ready to leave, went back to bed and woke/got up at 6:30am.

I finished my bottle of Knott’s Berry Farm strawberry preserves. I can’t believe I didn’t buy more last time we were at Pricesmart. I guess we’ll be making a trip back there soon.

Teresa left at 9am for her gym class.

I met Marcos at Maca at 10am. When he visits his grandsons in July his gf is going to return to Venezuela to renew her passport and check to see if they can get married there.

I stopped in Mercado Madrid and looked for a bottle of jelly or preserves but left with only 2 bags of milk.

Teresa returned at 12:15.

The Weather Channel states, “thunderstorms possible after 3pm”.

When Teresa returned she asked where I was and I reminded her I had coffee with Marcos at Maca café. Where is that she asked? I reminded her I pointed it out to her yesterday when we were on our way to El Tesoro. Not that she listens to me.

At 5pm I was getting ready to leave for the movie. At the last-minute Teresa decided she wanted to go too. She was on the phone with MT when she decided at the last second not to go. She is going to visit with her mother and I will call her when I leave the theater as we may return to the apt in the same taxi.

I left the apt at 5:15 and took a Didi to the mall. There was no line in Cine Colombia and I bought an iMax ticket for 15,800 ($4). At first I asked for a preferred seating but the only available seats were off to the side. I found a general seat near the center and a few rows from the top. I bought a hot dog and Coke for 10,000 pesos ($2.50). After I finished that I had a 45-minute wait until showtime. With 15 minutes before, lines were starting to form at concessions so I bought a medium popcorn, refilled my Coke and entered the theater. (I noticed on my receipt I have accrued 2,330 Platinum points that I should be able to use for future tickets or snacks.) Surprisingly, the theater was nearly full, I guess a lot of people purchased their tickets online ahead of time. I saw trailers for the upcoming Elvis (June release) and Jurassic World Dominion (July release), two movies I’m looking forward to seeing.

Some interesting Top Gun facts: 1. Tom Cruise will turn 60 in July, 2. Val Kilmer had a tracheotomy but is now cancer-free, 3. Top Gun paid the US Navy $11,000+ an hour for jet rentals, and 4. Tom Cruise sat in the rear seat of 2-person jets and wasn’t allowed to touch any controls. Lol.

I overdid the Coke so I had to make a trip to the restroom halfway through the movie. The movie was very good and I gave Top Gun a rating of 9 on my Runpee app. The theater was now getting crowded for the later showtimes.

I called Teresa and she was already back at the apt so I just took a taxi back.

 

Putin Joke

 

Vladimir Putin, to get on the good side of voters, goes to visit a school in Moscow to have a chat with the kids.

He talks to them about how Russia is a powerful nation and how he wants the best for the people.
At the end of the talk there is a section for questions.
Little Sasha puts her hand up and says, "I have two questions. Why did the Russians take Crimea and why are we sending troops to Ukraine?"
Putin says, "Good questions". But just as he is about to answer the bell rings and the kids go to lunch.
When they come back, they sit down and there is room for some more questions. Another girl, Masha, puts her hand up and says "I have four questions. Why did the Russians invade Crimea, why are we sending troops to Ukraine, why did the lunch bell ring 20 minutes early and where the hell is Sasha?

No comments:

Post a Comment