Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up three time during the night, and woke/got up at 6:45.

Teresa left at 9am for a gym class and then she’s going to Mayorca. I’m going to run errands in Parque Envigado and if I’m still feeling okay, I’ll go to Masaya to play chess in the afternoon. So Teresa doesn’t have to worry about making me lunch we agreed I would have lunch out.

I left at 9:30 and as I was approaching Ave. Poblado a Sabaneta bus passed by. By the time I got to the end of the block there were 2 more Sabaneta buses coming my way. I got off near the bookstore where, for 3 mil, I exchanged my hardback for another James Patterson novel. At the copy center I had a couple pages printed and at $efecty I paid the Direct TV bill. A block away I jumped on an Envigado bus without looking at the destination in the front window so I guess I shouldn’t have been surprised when it turned down to Ave. Las Vegas. My plan had been to get off at Smartfit and buy milk at the mercado across the street. I ended up getting off near Eduardo Madrid where I bought two bags of milk before returning to the apt.

Teresa called about 11:15; apparently she’s had enough of Mayorca and is heading back to the apt.

At 1pm I was dressed and ready to go to Poblado when I heard a loud peal of thunder. I waited ten minutes and it started pouring. I ended up ordering chicken wings from Rocket Wings.

Watching Meltdown inspired me to watch The China Syndrome. Even though it starred Jane Fonda, Michael Douglas, Jack Lemmon and Wilford Brimley the plot and execution is definitely showing its age (1979).

Teresa returned about 2:30 and we took a 45-minute nap.

My last appointment with Dr. CastaƱo was March 1st so its about time for another PSA test. I checked my medical file and I have an appointment at 2pm on June 7th so I’ll get my PSA test June 1st or 2nd.

I received an email that my Joint Support order has shipped.

Teresa went to an exercise class at the gym and managed to just beat the rain getting there.

No more rain before we went to bed.

 

Putin Joke

Putin dies and goes to hell, but after a while, he is given a day off for good behavior. So he goes to Moscow, enters a bar, orders a vodka, and asks the bartender:

-       Is Crimea ours? – Yes, it is.

-       And the Donbas? – Also ours.

-       And Kyiv? – We got that too.

Satisfied, Putin finishes his drink and asks,

-       how much do I owe you?

-       5 Euros.

No comments:

Post a Comment