Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up twice during the night, and woke/got up at 6:30am.

To Jack W.: I’ve never heard of a Smart Fortwo but here they have a tiny car called a Twizy by Renault.

I left the apt at 8:45 and WALKED to the mall. I used my new Charles Schwab (CS) debit card to make a withdrawal from a Davivienda ATM. I had a café con leche in Todo Fresa until Teresa joined me at 10:15 after her gym class. She had a small coffee and a bite to eat then we took a taxi to Mayorca mall. She shopped a number of the athletic stores (Adidas, Nike, New Balance, etc.) finally finding a pair of tennis shoes in Bosi which I paid for using my new CS debit card. Now I know that works.

We had lunch in J&C Delicias. I enjoyed my mixed (chicken and ground beef) lasagna but Teresa said her salmon was cold. The total bill, including my juice and tip was 76,154 ($19).

She did some more shopping then we bought some groceries in Exito.  We experienced a few raindrops while returning to the apt by taxi.

I finished watching the series Ozark and it didn’t disappoint.

I heard some thunder this afternoon although I could tell it was in the distance.

Teresa showed me a video of flooding in the Las Palmas area of Poblado today.

I checked my Charles Schwab account, but my transactions haven’t shown up yet. (With USAA they always showed up the same day.)

The portero dropped off our utility bill.

 

Funny pix of the day



1 comment:

  1. Terry, Smart was a partnership between Daimler Benz and Swatch Watches. DB bought out Swatch. Smart developed micro city cars. In Europe they had a sportster, the Fortwo (2 occupants) and the ForFour (four occupants). In 2008 Penske Motors partnered with Smart to import the Fortwo and they used Mercedes Benz as the dealers. Mine was on the first truckload sold in Texas, I had special ordered it. It has power windows, A/C, leather heated seats, automatic headlights and windshield wipers. Another feature I like is that if I am going someplace with more than one person, we never take my car!!! Here is a link to more info and some pictures of them.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_Fortwo

    ReplyDelete