Thursday, May 12, 2022

Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, and woke/got up at 6am.

Jack W.: Here’s a link to the Renault Twizy you sometimes see on the street here photo renault twizy - Search (bing.com)

I checked my CS account and the balance is less but I still don’t see the transactions. I looked around and finally found History, Transactions and then I could see my ATM withdrawal from yesterday but not the purchase. I guess that will come in later. I’m not used to transactions taking so long to appear, but I guess I’ll get used to it to save 1%.

Glenn has a doctor’s appointment this morning so instead we’ll meet up for breakfast tomorrow.

Teresa is going to the gym, then buy groceries with her mother with the plan to make lunch for MT in her apt so I’ll probably meet them there at 1pm if I want a free meal. 😊 Unless it’s raining since it will be too difficult to catch a taxi.

I left the apt at 8:30 and walked to Parva where I had coffee for a couple hours. It feels strange to be out without a facemask. I keep one in my tech bag in case of “emergencies”. I put one on in a taxi, bus, or entering a store to talk to salespeople. I found this map posted at one end of the road construction.




I bought two bags of milk on my way back to the apt.

I finally figured out how to setup a position in ChessBase 16: File, New, Position Setup.

Teresa called me at noon and suggested I get my butt to MT’s apt before it started raining. Good idea but as I walked out to my Didi ride it was already sprinkling. At MT’s apt I found they don’t have wifi and their chandelier is so dim I couldn’t read my book.



It’s probably only a 40-watt bulb but why would anyone buy a light fixture with so much hardware around it the light can’t get out?

After lunch, about 2pm, I walked the 2 blocks to the mall. I stopped in Starbucks where I bought a blueberry muffin for 7,500 pesos ($2). Not only is it big but it’s delicious. I took it up to Santa Leña where I enjoyed it with a latte.

Back outside the mall it was obvious we had gotten a little rain while I was inside.

I returned to the apt by taxi and as soon as I stepped inside I saw the milk I had forgotten to put in the refrigerator.

I watched Operation Mincemeat (6.8) on Netflix.

We had a little rain off and on in the afternoon. I’m beginning to sense a pattern here – I can only trust the mornings being rain free.

Teresa returned about 5:30 and I told her about the milk. The internet says milk should only be out 1-2 hours but the milk here might be different. We’ll see.

A portero dropped off our Tigo/Une wifi bill. Now I have everything I need to pay the mid-month bills, probably on Friday.

I reminded Teresa I’ll be having breakfast with Glenn tomorrow.

I finished James Patterson’s Mary Mary.

 

 

Funny pix of the day



1 comment:

  1. Terry, I REALLY like the Twizy. I might change my mind about having a car as an expat if I could get a good Twizy. I had heard about cars for two people sitting in tandem, but had never seen one. I saw in one of the pictures a Twizy was plugged in.
    Thanks for the link.
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete