Sunday, May 8, 2022

Saturday, May 7, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, and woke up at 6am. As I do most mornings, I made a trip to the bathroom, returned to bed, did my Kegel exercises, then tried to fall back asleep. Unlike most mornings, I fell back asleep, finally waking/getting up at 7:15.

I checked my Charles Schwab account, but I don’t see the $500 yet.

Teresa will soon be leaving to pick up some medicine at eps so I’ll be having granola for breakfast. Then she’s going to spend the day with MT getting their nails done. She called me a couple times worried that I would starve to death in the apt.

I left at 1:15 and took a Didi to the mall. It was packed, I guess because it’s Mother’s Day weekend. There were lines for the restaurants to I went to Santa Leña where I had an Italian croissant sandwich and a café con leche. This is how the sandwich looked on their menu followed by the real thing.




It was a little chilly being so near to the metro entrance, plus it was raining. For dessert I had a slice of carrot cake with another coffee. My check came to about 52,000 pesos ($13).

I went to Linea Estetica where I bought a bottle of AOX therapy that Teresa asked me to buy for her.

I stopped at Cine Colombia and it is now open for everyone. What do I mean by that? There used to be lines for 1) buying tickets, 2) showing your ticket to enter the main part of the theater, 3) showing your ticket to enter your specific theater. Now, number 2 is gone.

At the mall main entrance I saw a long line (an hour?) and it was still drizzling so I walked back to the apt. I was a little damp by the time I returned so I quickly changed clothes.

Good thing I didn’t go to Poblado to play chess at the outdoor bookstore. There is a meetup every Monday from 1-4pm at Masaya near Philly Steaks and I hope to give it a try.

Teresa returned at 6pm, by then the rain had stopped but she decided it was too cold and damp to go out for Mother’s Day dinner so we’ll do it another Saturday night.

We’re going to have lunch at her niece’s house tomorrow and I’m going to play chess with her uncle.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment