Saturday, May 14, 2022

Thursday, May 12, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, and woke/got up at 7am.

The purchase from the other day still hasn’t appeared in my CS account.

Yes! Finland announced their desire to join NATO. Yes!

Teresa told me her gf wants to have lunch with her today in Sabaneta so I’ll be on my own for my own lunch.

I left the apt at 8:30 and ordered a small latte while waiting for Glenn in Los Porteños. He soon showed up and ordered his usual croissant and tea. I finished my small coffee and ordered another with my usual croissant and scrambled eggs for 36mil ($9). Glenn is waiting to be scheduled for his own surgery, a Transurethral Resection of the Prostate or TURP in coming weeks.

I had a latte in Parva for about an hour.  I could hear jackhammers being used again in the street. I stopped at Eduardo Madrid where I bought a sleeve of 6 sesame seed bagels for 16,200 pesos ($4) before returning to the apt.

At 11:45, my Weather Channel app was predicting “thunderstorms in the area. Rain possible around 12:15pm.” Their diagram showed a possibility of heavy rain between about 1:45 and 3:30 so maybe I’d better get moving soon if I don’t want to get trapped in my apt. Visually it doesn’t look at all threatening looking toward the east.

I left the apt at noon and had a 15-minute wait for a Sabaneta bus. I got off at Parque de Los Presidentes and walked across the street. A block further, I turned left and it was just another block to Masaya. It looked like a nice hostel with a restaurant in front and large open café area in back. I found a waiter who spoke English to ask about their afternoon of Chess. It turned out it’s Tuesdays in addition to Mondays. I was happy to see the tables are large enough for my tournament chess set. He told me they supply the chess sets and when he showed me one it was a nice Staunton tournament-style chess set with a rollup board. One thing that confused me was the last thing he said is things get started at 3-4 in the afternoon.

I walked a block to Philly Steaks where I had their smash burger and a Coke for 30mil ($7.50).

Across from Parque Poblado I bought a package of 18 eggs in a neighborhood Exito for 16mil ($4).

Back on the other side of the street while waiting for a bus I saw a delivery robot named Kiwibot bump into the supports of the bus stop. It then backed up and a man behind it had to split his legs to keep it from hitting him. 😊

It was a short wait for a bus where I saw a young lady selling candy bars so I guess things are slowly returning to normal.

I got off 3 blocks from the apt and felt raindrops the last block. I returned to the apt just after 2pm – just in time. Thirty minutes later a drizzle started with lots of thunder.

Teresa returned at 4:30 and brought me a slice of carrot cake.

I’m trying to find the next series to watch – probably on MTV.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment