Thursday, May 19, 2022

Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up twice during the night, and woke/got up at 7am. (The second time I got up it was pouring outside so I put a blanket over my sheet.) I feel pretty refreshed; we’ll see how long the feeling lasts.

Teresa left just before 9am for a gym class. She shared with me that Patricia has a car making it more convenient to get to the various gym classes.

I left at 9:15 and had coffee in Parva for about 90 minutes before returning to the apt.

Nobraskja texted me that I have an order in Miami so I emailed her my order for the Joint Support supplements which, for customs, will confirm what I ordered and how much. (I think customs duties kick in over $200.)

Teresa texted me from Crepes & Waffles to ask what she can bring me for lunch. I asked for chicken with curry because it was the only thing I could recall having there.

I finished watching The Highwaymen (6.9) on Netflix and started watching the limited series The Lincoln Lawyer (7.7).

Teresa returned at 1:30 with an order of chicken with curry. I sure wish I could get it with rice instead of a crepe.

According to The Weather Channel no rain until 4:30 so I have a window of opportunity.

A typical day here seems to be a high of 78-82 degrees with some rain.

I left the apt at 2:30 and walked to Los Portenos where I had 2 small lattes for 13mil. I made sure I was back at the apt by 4:30, anticipating afternoon storms.

I arranged to meet Marcos for coffee tomorrow at 10am.

I haven’t been that crazy about my chamomile tea so I’ve started drinking it as iced tea. 😊

I checked my files and found a recent letter that informed me that my pension payments were turned over to MetLife as of January 1st this year. I’ve got their telephone number and I’ll give them a call tomorrow.

I’m getting a lot of pressure from Teresa to see a movie but there isn’t anything decent playing right now. I told her to wait one more week (Memorial Day weekend) and the good flicks should start arriving.

Teresa again asked me about my cookie recipe. I gave her the one for oatmeal cookies so she can check to see if she has all the ingredients.

 

 

Putin Joke

Putin heard that many Russian soldiers are getting sick in Ukraine, so he sends a health inspector to join the Russian army to improve its sanitary conditions. The inspector asks a general, “How do you prepare drinking water?” “First, we filter it. Then we boil it.” “And after that?” “Well, to be safe, we just drink vodka.”


No comments:

Post a Comment