Monday, May 2, 2022

Sunday, May 1, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm and got up once at 4:30. Six and half hours is pretty good since it probably included some deep sleep. It took maybe an hour to fall back asleep and my alarm woke me at 7am.

I picked up a Gente newspaper in Exito yesterday and there was a mention of the work being done in La Buena Mesa. Per my photo translator app, “The total progress of the pedestrianization work in Calle La Buena Mesa is 11% and is expected to be completed by the end of this year.”

I met Glenn at Hija Mia at 8:30. I told him I finished season 5 of The Sopranos. He’s probably going to start watching it again as he believes he missed a lot the first time.

He mentioned a restaurant often recommended on Facebook called Gloria’s Waffles, only problem is it’s in Laureles. It looks like it’s a block off of Avenida Nutibara not far from the main entrance of UPB. We’re getting tired of the same breakfast restaurants over and over so we’ll probably give it a try next Sunday.

While waiting for my ride I walked across the street and took this photo of Philly Steaks’ new storefront:



I was back at the apt by 10am. Teresa informed me she’s going to a special mass in La Ceja with her friend Patricia. She asked me to check Didi and I couldn’t find a driver but with inDriver I found it would be 72mil but Patricia thinks she can get a driver for less.

I guess I’m on my own for lunch today. Normally, I would go out for a quick burger but not today, the last day of Burger Maester.

I left the apt at 1pm and took a Didi to Pizza Americana in Envigado. (My first time at that location). The store was garage sized with 3 small bench-like tables and with the oven it felt a little stuffy and warm. I ordered an individual pizza with smoked ham and tomatoes and I guess it included the 500ml Pepsi because they only charged me 18mil ($5). The salesgirl didn’t seem impressed when I told her their oven was built in the town I was born in in the US. The pizza was smaller than I remember from 7 years ago but then I usually gave away one of my 4 slices so this size was perfect for me. It was delicious and I was back in my apt by 2:30.








A beautiful sunny day, I think we hit a high of about 86 degrees today; it’s been a long time coming.

Teresa returned at 8pm. She said it took an hour and 45 minutes to get there (La Ceja) and 3 hours to return, both ways by bus.

My chess rating is 1583, striking distance from my goal of 1600.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment